none
Project Gantt (Webpart Project Details) on a web site outside the Project Server 2010 PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!
    Our projects have their own Sharepoint Workspaces on another farm than where Project Server 2010 is running.
    The Project Sharepoint Workspaces run on 2007.
    We need to show the Project Gantt on the Project's Sharepoint Workspace and I thought of using a web part content viewer and show a blank aspx site, where the only web part would be the project details web part with the gantt chart.
    But: I cannot create a blank page, because the navigation bar on the left and the ribbon on the upper side is always there.
    I am also not able to edit the page with the Sharepoint Designer 2010 because it is not enabled to edit pages under the Project Server 2010 site.

What would be a good way to show the gantt on a project's dashboard OUTSIDE of Project Server 2010's PWA?

Kind regards,

Gerald

Monday, November 8, 2010 3:27 PM

Answers

• I may be wrong, but I think that this usage would be in violation of end user license agreement, unless all users had PWA client access licenses (CAL's)

To edit pages/workflow in PWA, you need to use Visual Studio 2010.

Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    Monday, November 8, 2010 3:46 PM

All replies

• I may be wrong, but I think that this usage would be in violation of end user license agreement, unless all users had PWA client access licenses (CAL's)

To edit pages/workflow in PWA, you need to use Visual Studio 2010.

Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    Monday, November 8, 2010 3:46 PM
  • Hi!

That is a very good point I didn't think about!

Even if it is in the Project Server's Project Workspace I guess, because users that have no Project Server CAL may be allowed to access the Project Server Project Workspace but not to PWA itself.

I am going to clarify this with Microsoft via Premier.

Thanks!

Monday, November 8, 2010 4:57 PM