Someone PLEASE help! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've recently installed Windows Home Server in my house, and it's just amazing! I love everyhting it offers (Acer harddrive).

However, how can I see my Windows Home Server screen? (Like a desktop of my own PC) and that way install softwares that would automatically run on Windows Home Server?

I'm sure there must be a way where I can do this and have a "mirror desktop' of my home server.

I am asking this because I want to install DivX Connected software on the home server so that my DivX Connected device would read directly from the server and I wouldn't hae to use the computer as a 3rd party facilitator.

Thanks alot for the help.

J
    Monday, August 10, 2009 2:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I've recently installed Windows Home Server in my house, and it's just amazing! I love everyhting it offers (Acer harddrive).

However, how can I see my Windows Home Server screen? (Like a desktop of my own PC) and that way install softwares that would automatically run on Windows Home Server?

Logging into the server desktop is unsupported and not recommended.  (There are tools there that may seem harmless, but could in fact harm your server and perhaps even cause data loss if you don't know what you're doing.)  The only supported interaction with the server is through the Console.

Having said that, you can logon to the server desktop using Remote Desktop Connection.

I'm sure there must be a way where I can do this and have a "mirror desktop' of my home server.

I am asking this because I want to install DivX Connected software on the home server so that my DivX Connected device would read directly from the server and I wouldn't hae to use the computer as a 3rd party facilitator.

Thanks alot for the help.

J

Monday, August 10, 2009 4:46 AM