exporting balances to excel RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to export balances to excel.  I have tried customizing the export routine> There are three alternatives, namely - no running balance, start with zero and use total ot prior transactions.  Neither of the latter to give results that match the running balances in the "main" accounts.  Frankly I do not understand the logic of the two alternatives.

Is there anyway to export the usual running balance seen in each account but from the Account Transaction Report.

regards

Colin Reid

Monday, October 8, 2012 4:48 PM

All replies

• Create a Report with the information you want.

Reports can be exported to Excel.

Monday, October 8, 2012 10:15 PM
  • I am sorry but my question was whether it was possible to export a report to excel including the running balance.  I can see no method to write a bespoke report only customising existing reports.  The two options in the Account Transactions bear no relation to a running balance.

regards

Colin Reid

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:27 AM
  • Try the Customising the Account transactions report. There are many options on 10 tabs. You may want to Reset the report first if you don't see a running balance. Then Customise with the Account tab to choose which account(s) you want included.  Other reports, such as "Transactions by payee" can work by choosing the appropriate settings.

On the Rows&Columns tab, you may want  the report subtotaled by None or Accounts. You will probably use Accounts if the report is for more than one account.

You may find it useful to right-click into the report and choose Copy.  Then just Paste into Excel into a place of your choosing.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 1:50 PM
  • I spent a couple of hours trying out your  suggestions unfortunately without any success,  However, I continued and did find a way by opening the Account Transaction report, customised without a running balance and Send it to myself with CSV data and the running balance was right. 

Pity MS pulled Money as Intuit pulled Quicken in UK two years before, so I hope Money contines to work OK in Windows 8 as It is OK in Windows 7 (with an intallation disk incorporating the 1105 upgrade).

regards

Colin Reid

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 4:09 PM