On Premise vs Cloud arguments RRS feed

All replies

• Dynamics CRM is not as Salesforce that is a cloud-only solution. Starting from this point a customer can choose the OnPremise or the Online version based on his criteria. And if in the future he wants to switch he can.

with Dynamics CRM you have choice, other CRM vendors doesn't offer this opportunity.

If your post was CRM OnPremise vs [put a different cloud CRM here] I can understand, but comparing CRM OnPremise vs CRM Online in general terms, in my opinion add nothing to a decision made by a customer, the decision must be taken based on the customer needs.

Just my thoughts on this argument

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Friday, January 30, 2015 11:20 PM
  • ....comparing CRM OnPremise vs CRM Online in general terms, in my opinion add nothing to a decision made by a customer.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

This is the exact point I am trying to make. in the post. 

That you must look at the things the business want to do in in their system, in detail, and specifically how you will solve them in order to make the right choice (ie online simply does not work well if you need integrations with thousands of records moving every night since the organization service (even with batching) is just to slow).

Now I did try to generalize a bit but the reason for this is that I get many questions from sales people regarding which platform will fit a customer, and in my experience the platform will usually be chosen before all the demands from the business are known. Therefore I wanted to make a simple checklist with points like, if X then you probably need on-premise because cloud wont cover you or vice versa.

• Edited by VoSSer Saturday, January 31, 2015 6:00 AM
    Saturday, January 31, 2015 5:55 AM
  • Right idea....long checklist. Though really I think the biggest part is what kind of staff does a company have and how much bandwidth do they have for a new project. The biggest reason for cloud is so that much of the management aspects are offloaded.
    Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:11 PM