"Activating" mesh account RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed mesh 2011 successfully and used it; I've only ever started using mesh the other day. I wanted to use it on my phone but apparently I'm too late for that (WM6.5). m.mesh.com tells me that I need to go to mesh.com on the desktop and activate my account. mesh.com tells me the beta is over and I should install the 2011 client.

I managed to pull the livemesh.cab off mediafire since it's no longer available on m.mesh.com, but that doesn't seem to be any different from the web interface, and also tells me to go activate.

The devices tab at live.com has a devices-adding page, but does nothing more than offer sms notifications.

Help! I just want to use mesh from mobile!

Saturday, December 11, 2010 3:34 PM

Answers

•  

Since you are referring to Windows Live Mesh, not Live Mesh - www.mesh.com, you are in the wrong forum.

There is no mobile client for Windows Live Mesh. Live Mesh beta, which includes a mobile client for Windows Mobile 6.x, is on a different back end and does not work with Windows Live Mesh 2011. Live Mesh beta will cease to function on the 31st of March, 2011.

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, December 13, 2010 12:50 PM