Microsoft Genuine counterfeiting Problem RRS feed

• Question

• hiii.....i hv a microsoft windows xp home edition i am using my laptop for quite a long time.suddenly microsoft has blocked me by saying ur windows is not genuine during my windows update....i have diagnosed it as well.....this is da report

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Blocked VLK
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-6V3JQ-4KKFG-P6C63
    Windows Product Key Hash: y/mQXpYmOmFQqeVL5f1wX3aAxb0=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-644-9986811-23070
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: ee2962aa-0596-4bfc-93fb-8b544000299c
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.18.5
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Failed to retrieve file version. - 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-3178-80070002

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>ee2962aa-0596-4bfc-93fb-8b544000299c</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-P6C63</PKey><PID>55274-644-9986811-23070</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-682003330-287218729-839522115</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Acer, inc.</Manufacturer><Model>TravelMate 4020 </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Acer   </Manufacturer><Version>3A28</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="31"/><Date>20050727000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>3EEE3707018400C2</HWID><UserLCID>0C09</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>AUS Eastern Standard Time(GMT+10:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57728</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

plzz help me on dat

Monday, April 16, 2007 12:40 PM

Answers

• MM,

Right now, your Acer TravelMate 4020 laptop computer has a Volume Licensing edition of XP Pro installed (Line 8), and that installation was done with a now-blocked Volume Licensing Key (VLK) (Line 2).  VLKs are blocked by Microsoft at the request of the original keyholder for such reasons as the key was lost, stolen, compromised, misused, or expired.  Also, MS may have blocked the key if it notices a pattern of misuse, ie, more installations of XP using that key than authorized.

As a rule, VL editions of XP should not be sold to individual consumers.  Businesses, schools and gov'ts normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers.  Also, Volume Licenses for XP are Upgrade only licenses and cannot be used as the original license for the computer.

This is why you were seeing the "software counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of XP is an unauthorized installation.

Also, please note that the mgadiag utility is identifying your installation of Office 2003 Pro as being Nongenuine (Office Status:  114 means nongenuine).  If this comes as a surprise to you, please return to the place of purchase and demand either genuine Office software or a refund.  In any case, please uninstall the nongenuine Office 2003 Pro installation from your computer.

Look on the computer or in the materials that came with your computer or with your retail Windows purchase to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or for another verison of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  Click here:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

It is almost a certainty that your computer shipped from Acer with a properly licensed installation of Windows.  The solution to the problem is as simple as putting that installation of XP back onto the computer.  Please consult Acer tech support documentation for instructions on how to do this.

Monday, April 16, 2007 4:40 PM

All replies

• MM,

Right now, your Acer TravelMate 4020 laptop computer has a Volume Licensing edition of XP Pro installed (Line 8), and that installation was done with a now-blocked Volume Licensing Key (VLK) (Line 2).  VLKs are blocked by Microsoft at the request of the original keyholder for such reasons as the key was lost, stolen, compromised, misused, or expired.  Also, MS may have blocked the key if it notices a pattern of misuse, ie, more installations of XP using that key than authorized.

As a rule, VL editions of XP should not be sold to individual consumers.  Businesses, schools and gov'ts normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers.  Also, Volume Licenses for XP are Upgrade only licenses and cannot be used as the original license for the computer.

This is why you were seeing the "software counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of XP is an unauthorized installation.

Also, please note that the mgadiag utility is identifying your installation of Office 2003 Pro as being Nongenuine (Office Status:  114 means nongenuine).  If this comes as a surprise to you, please return to the place of purchase and demand either genuine Office software or a refund.  In any case, please uninstall the nongenuine Office 2003 Pro installation from your computer.

Look on the computer or in the materials that came with your computer or with your retail Windows purchase to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or for another verison of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  Click here:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

It is almost a certainty that your computer shipped from Acer with a properly licensed installation of Windows.  The solution to the problem is as simple as putting that installation of XP back onto the computer.  Please consult Acer tech support documentation for instructions on how to do this.

Monday, April 16, 2007 4:40 PM
  • thnks for ur concern any other solution to da problem......as i hv purchased it from overseas....
    Monday, April 16, 2007 5:00 PM
  • MM,

You will want to contact Acer tech support to see if they can sell you a Recovery Kit for your computer, assuming that the computer already has a COA for XP Home on it.

If there is no COA, then you will have to purchase a valid license for XP.

Monday, April 16, 2007 5:03 PM
  • I am using Windows Home Edition.....nd after diagnosing the tool the key which the report is showing is not matching with mine....i even tried updating my productkey in microsoft key updater but it is not accepting my product key showing its not valid.......
    Monday, April 16, 2007 5:23 PM
  • MM,

Currently the computer has XP Pro installed.

Are you saying that there IS a COA on the computer AND that it is for XP Home?

If so, then the computer is properly licensed to run XP Home.  The task at hand then is to put XP Home back onto the computer, and to accomplish that you would use the Recovery solution provided by Acer.  If you do not have a Recovery CD, contact Acer and ask to purchase a Recovery CD.

Monday, April 16, 2007 5:45 PM