Cannot send Email Newsletter Template through CRM - Template built in MS Word RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I have built a html email newsletter in MS Word and would like to send it out.

When I copy and paste into the Direct Mail Template, I lose formatting, lose my bookmark links and the company logo. The editor field in the direct mail editor is quite simple/crude.

Is there any way for me to maintain this formatting and still track the correspondence in CRM?

Many thanks

Michael

Wednesday, May 6, 2009 9:09 AM

Answers

• Doing HTML templates in a CRM template (as needed for Send Direct Email) can be a bit tricky. You might want to try using the Mail Merge instead. It's a bit slower but gives you a lot more flexibility for creating good looking templates in Word. From the Actions toolbar, click on the Mail Merge icon and follow the instructions.
    Larry Lentz [Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP]
    • Marked as answer by CRM User IRL Thursday, May 7, 2009 8:55 AM
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 2:41 AM

All replies

• Formatting is lost due to using Word to generate the html.  Use a free html tool to generate the newsletter.  There are several free html tools available, just select one that is easy for you, create the newsletter with the tool, render the result in a browser and then copy and paste from the browser to the e-mail template.  Your formatting will remain.

check out www.tucows for a list of free html editors.  tucows will provide user ratings.  I suggest that using an html editor that is simple, effective and provides a browser view within the tool will work best for you.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 11:05 AM
  • Doing HTML templates in a CRM template (as needed for Send Direct Email) can be a bit tricky. You might want to try using the Mail Merge instead. It's a bit slower but gives you a lot more flexibility for creating good looking templates in Word. From the Actions toolbar, click on the Mail Merge icon and follow the instructions.
    Larry Lentz [Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP]
    • Marked as answer by CRM User IRL Thursday, May 7, 2009 8:55 AM
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 2:41 AM