public view for quote product for CRM 2011 question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I need to search the quote product based on a quote product serial number. ie. Each quote line item has a custom field "quote-product-SN".  While I am able to create a personal view, the CRM doesn't allow us to create a system view for the Quote Product. So we are unable to create a system view that can be shared with all users . Is there a way to make the personal view accessible by all users. 
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 5:34 PM

Answers

• I have already tried to create a view using advanced find for quote products and I have inserted attributes from the quote on it also I can share it with other users

Good Luck :)

• Proposed as answer by Mostafa Moatassem Friday, November 4, 2011 4:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by CRM elite Friday, November 4, 2011 4:38 PM
    Friday, November 4, 2011 4:09 PM

All replies

• I was facing a similar problem with Opp Products while ago...the best way to do this is to create a form subgrid or a custom report
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 8:07 PM
  • If my post is not helpful update me so I can help you, otherwise mark it as an answer
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 10:51 PM
  • Hi, Mostafa, Thanks for the feedback. I thought about reports but that doesn't help us. Could you elaborate your approach using form subgrid? Thanks 
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 10:53 PM
  • Here is what I have done with Opp Products:

In opportunity form there is a subgrid to display related products, I have modified its properties to display all products in the system, I know it's not very useful as you have to open an opportunity to be able to access the view, but it could be useful as you can always access any product within any opportunity

Thursday, November 3, 2011 11:06 PM
  • Thanks Kostafa. But what I am looking for is the ability to search the field from the detail (Quote product) records across Org and pull Quotes that match the field!. I can do it with a view but cannot create a system view for Quote Product. That's the issue. Otherwise, I would have to build out an app! 
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 11:14 PM
  • Well may be I cannot understand your needs !

however if you need to search within the view you can add a search field to the form subgrid using properties. also you can you can enable multiple views selection so that you can create a custom view using advanced find and share it with all users, then it will be displayed in the lsit of views in the subgrid

Hope this is helpful, otherwise please elaborate what you mean by (pull Quotes that match the field)

Thursday, November 3, 2011 11:27 PM
  • I cannot create a public view for Quote product. That's the issue. I can use the "Advanced Find" to create the view of what I need but cannot share with other users!!.  

If you read my first post, I have explained what I am looking for. Ie. Ability to search for a customer Field ("custom Serial Number") - its a custom field in Quote Product. I want to search across all quote product records and find Quote(s) matching this field. 

Thursday, November 3, 2011 11:36 PM
  • If you cannot share the view with others it could be an access rights issue...please check your access rights with your system adminisrator
    Friday, November 4, 2011 12:15 PM
  • Hello Mostafa, you cannot create a public view for detail items such as Quote Products, Opportunity Products in CRM. It's not an access issue. You can only use the default system views. Give it a try to understand what I am saying. Thanks 
    Friday, November 4, 2011 4:00 PM
  • I have already tried to create a view using advanced find for quote products and I have inserted attributes from the quote on it also I can share it with other users

• Proposed as answer by Mostafa Moatassem Friday, November 4, 2011 4:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by CRM elite Friday, November 4, 2011 4:38 PM
    Friday, November 4, 2011 4:09 PM
  • How did you share the personal  view (that you created) with others? Can you explain a bit more? I have SA permissions.  
    Friday, November 4, 2011 4:14 PM
  • Here is the full steps that I have followed:

1 - Go to advanced find and from the Look For drop down list select Quote products

2 - Define the search criteria as per your requirements

3 - Select Edit Columns from the view group in the ribbon, and select required columns

4 - After finalizing the view and saving it, go to Saved Views from the show group in the ribbon

5 - Click Share from the Collaborate group and select the required users and adjust their access rights on the current view

Hope this helps

Friday, November 4, 2011 4:59 PM
  • PLEASE,

If you still facing any issues update me, otherwise please mark my post as answer

Saturday, November 5, 2011 7:40 PM
  • Already did. 
    Monday, November 7, 2011 5:49 PM
  • I experienced this same problem with Quote Products not allowing you to create system views from customize the system.  You can get around this and create a public system view for quote products by going to the quote form and editing the quote product sub grid.  From this form you can create a new system view for quote products.
    • Proposed as answer by kalavija Friday, July 15, 2016 7:17 PM
    Friday, July 15, 2016 7:17 PM