configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client for Outlook.There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!!

When a user tries to configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client for Outlook by using the Configuration Wizard, the user receives the following error message:

There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your administrator.

This issue may occur for any of the following causes:
    1. The operating system date on the client computer is not set to the correct date.
    2. The operating system time on the client computer is not set to the correct time.
    3. The operating system time zone on the client computer is not set to the correct time zone.
    4. There are multiple HTTP bindings on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM website in Internet Information Services (IIS).

But I have done all these steps and still can not connect.

And but no solution for a organization if you connect with CRM in Outlook, I don´t understand ..???

Thanks

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 11:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,
       Use the following tool. It may resolve if there are any issues here

Is the user trying to configure from within the domain network or outside of network? Check this link here

Vikranth Pandiri http://howto-mscrm.blogspot.com "Please Mark it as answer if it helps in resolving your query"

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:41 PM
  • Hi vicky_smag!

Thank's!! but I tried:

•I have appended the OrgName in URL (Ex: http://OrgName.servername:port) it connected good.
     •Try running your outlook client diagnostics and see if it helps you autofix things but I didn´t found nothing to help me resolved my problem.

Anyone can help me, please??

Regards!

Friday, January 25, 2013 9:41 AM
  • Hi R_CRM

Make sure the time zone are equal for both server and your end.I mean the server time and the local time are equal.

Thank you, DT

Friday, January 25, 2013 11:03 AM
  • Hi DT,

Thank you but The server time and the local time are equal.

Any more suggestions?

Regards

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 11:07 AM
  • Hi,

Is the user configured in CRM with a security role and license? can the user open CRM in IE?

If yest to the above, install fiddler and search for the HTTP error messages, also enable Tracing on the Outlook diagnostics tool and look at the trace files for the exact error message.

Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 11:45 AM
    Answerer
  • Is this a Dynamics CRM 4.0 or a Dynamics CRM 2011 deployment?
    Is the CRM website running on any other port than 80?
    Is the CRM installation setup for On premise and/or IFD access?

As nrodri suggest, do try to access crm with the webclient(IE) as that user.
    If this is an CRM 2011 installation, do check that you are able to access the api services from which the client communicates with.
    :<port>/<orgname>/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc">http://<crmserver.fqdn>:<port>/<orgname>/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc

If you have a friendly url setup (DNS A-pointer record) make sure that in CRM 2011 - Deployment manager - "propertise"(Dynamics CRM Server) - "Web Adresses" the bindings are set appropriately.

If you can't access CRM webclient nor the services directly.
    Check that there is no Firewall blocking etc.
    Is there any proxy in the network?
    Check IE - Internet Options - Connections - LAN Settings

//Philip

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 4:53 PM
  • Hi,

Have you checked the client computer firewall?

I ran into this issue with Stormshield as the soft firewall. Changing the firewall rule did it.

Regards.

:~DaDynamixFan

Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:57 PM