yellow caution RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting a yellow button in toolbar, its telling me i have automatic updates from microsoft and i need to go to there siite for the updates when try to install keep getting message i need cd well my computer came with xp installed and i don't have cd so all of a sudden i have thirteen updates that won't go in a yellow button twice a day . i have never had this problem in the two years i have had this computer except installing one care any suggestions
    Sunday, March 16, 2008 9:43 AM

Answers

• All Computers (with one exception, being the "The Green Machine" ) comes with a window Install disk, it is normally in the plastic bag that came with the computer. It will have the Company's Logo on it not Window but will say windows install disk on it. 

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 4:06 PM

All replies

• All Computers (with one exception, being the "The Green Machine" ) comes with a window Install disk, it is normally in the plastic bag that came with the computer. It will have the Company's Logo on it not Window but will say windows install disk on it. 

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 4:06 PM
  • Another post found in off-topic by Lycan - thanks...

I've marked Lycan's reply as the answer, but will note that some PCs do not come with discs. Some PCs require the user to create the "recovery discs."

However, I suspect that the updates you are being prompted for that require the CD are for Microsoft Office. You will need to original CD (or a copy of the exact same version) in order to proceed with the updates - which are critical and required to maintain security.
    -steve
    Tuesday, March 18, 2008 4:57 PM