Project Views not linking correctly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have published several project files as templates to project server.  I can open the files and switch to the various views (gantt, resource, etc.) just fine.  However, other members of my staff are not able to browse the views when looking at the templates.  When clicking on the gantt chart view they see a different view (i.e. task usage or resource usage).

What would have caused this and how can I fix it?

Thanks,

DP

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

by chance: on which patch level are you? There was an issue with views after SP2 before CU August 2009. For more information have a look at http://www.projectserverhelp.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=69. Does this apply?

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by dp26 Wednesday, September 8, 2010 5:43 PM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:03 PM
  • We are on SP2 for MOSS/Project Server.  Also, this is only the case when opening the templates.  Projects that were published a week or two ago are still working fine.

Is my best option to copy the tasks from each template into a new .MPP file.  Delete the enterprise templates.  Save the .mpp files as templates again.  Backup the environment and apply the latest patch for MOSS/Project Server?

Thanks,

DP

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:30 PM
  • Hi DP

sorry for delay, I was on site the last days (and notification was not working).

What happens if you create a new file without using a template? Are views working?

Currently I see two possibilities you can try:
    - Clear your cache. Perhaps you will see the same behavior as your colleagues.
    - Create a new project using one of your templates. Open a view you are rarely using. Open Tools – Organizer. Delete all views and tables from your new project. You will see project name at the bottom, to make sure that you delete from your new file. Save it as a template (if you are allowed to, you can overwrite existing template). Ask a colleague to check if views are now working.

Does that help?
    Regards
    Barbara

Friday, August 27, 2010 4:50 PM