CRM 2013: Long Display Names for Attribute are not getting wrapped RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are facing one issue with long display names for attributes in CRM 2013. Long display names are not being wrapped.

As per client requirement, we've many attributes with length varying from 50-100 characters. As observed, currently 50 characters are being displayed properly. As noticed using deleloper tools, "NoWrap" is set for Attribute Label.

As per client requirement, we need to keep Label Position as "Side" and not to the "Top".

So I wanted to know whether this is by design or it is a bug and will be taken care in future rollups?

Or

Is there any supported way to enable wrapping?

Thank you.

JayshriP

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    this is currently by design, if your customer doesn't want to move the label to the top, a workaround is to move the field inside a section with 1 field per column.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:08 AM
  • You can also check this http://www.powerobjects.com/blog/2014/03/05/adjusting-crm-2013-field-label-sizes/

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:28 PM
  • Currently fields in 2013 fade instead of wrapping, "by design". You could use workarounds such as moving the label to the section label, but this gets messy. It has already been suggested on Connect that these should wrap, and this is currently the second-most voted for so you can vote for that here and it may make it into the product.

Field labels should wrap, not fade

In the meantime, a suggestion I made on Connect got lots of votes and has been incorporated into CRM 2013 - fields now show infotips (tooltips for things that are not buttons are apparently called infotips, not tooltips)

Looking at the label you have for that field it seems like it is giving the user lots of instructions. It may be better to shorten that to something more succinct, and put the longer explanation in the description property of the field, so that it is displayed as an infotip for the user.

Eg "Current Situation" might show an infotip "Please advise as to the situation, etc etc..."

I suspect your client might actually prefer this if you show them a proof of concept (on a copy of the form)

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    UK CRM Guru Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:40 AM