Windows 7 is not genuine. RRS feed

• Question

• I had Windows 7 Professional installed and now this message on my screen says this copy of Windows is not genuine.  I need help!  Thank you.

Saturday, February 18, 2017 9:03 PM

Answers

• MGA Diagnostic Report is Required:

To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.
    Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, February 19, 2017 10:15 PM

All replies

• MGA Diagnostic Report is Required:

To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.
    Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, February 19, 2017 10:15 PM
  • Hi ShirleySABC,

Have you changed hardware of your device?
    Are you using an OEM license?

We could try the following command line to perform an activation automatically.
    Slmgr /rearm
    Slmgr /ato

If you have made hardware changes to the machine, we may consider to perform a phone activation.
    Run “SLUI 4” to get the phone activation UI.

Best regards,
    Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Tuesday, February 21, 2017 1:58 AM
    Monday, February 20, 2017 10:32 AM