Managing Services in Sandbox? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any documentation or quick start guide on managing the Services in Sandbox

1. How to Create Services in sandbox?

2. How to deploy the applications / Solutions?

etc.

Regards

Prakash

Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:27 AM

All replies

• Please refer to the "Getting Started Guide" available on the sandbox once you login.

http://www.networkmashups.com/docs/CSSGettingStartedGuideV1.doc

Thursday, March 29, 2007 2:38 PM
  • This is in connection to another query posted by my colleague.

the getting started guide seems to be very basic.

I want to know the following things:

1. Is it possible to deploy my entire solution on the sandbox itself rather than pointing them to my machine .. I would want the entire solution deployed there. Please guide me through this. I have 6 virtual directories to be installed and I do not have any databases.

2. I use particular set of username tokens(while mentioning policy) while accessing CSF to and fro. Now, I need to know the settings on the sandbox , so that I can modify them accordingly. They are in a config.file , so I can modify them easily .How do I get to know these?.

3. Also, I have developed my code in an environment where all my calls go through a proxy server. Is it the same there on the sand box or will I have to remove the proxy server related code?

4. If I complete my deployment on the sandbox, how do I test the same? For eg. if I want to check one of the CSF databases,say ProfileManagerDB, to check if the profile got created , then how do I check it? What is the CSF database location? And also, if I want to check the CSF traces, how do I go about it?

5. I hope I can test my solution independently, without having to consider other people (and their traces and eventlog events) testing simultaneously on the sandbox.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 4:51 PM
  • 1) Yes it is possible to deploy and entire solution. The getting started guide and the FAQ and help documents on the right hand panel should give you the details on how to do this. Basically you need to create the virtual directories using the "manage resources" menu option from the main navigation menu. Once you create all the virtual directories, you can deploy your binaries into these virtual directories.

2) you should use your provisioned username and password when accessing CSF services in the sandbox. So whatever account you signed up with, that's what you use.

3) there is no proxy server in the sandbox, so you will need to remove the proxy settings in your code.

4) Unfortunately in the sandbox, you cannot access the CSF databases directly. The only way to check it is through the programmatic interfaces on the session manager.

5) To check CSF traces, you need to use the "message visualizer" menu option. We are adding more easier ways of getting access to the session trace files and this should be available soon. Until then, you enable WSE tracing and access the tracefiles through the "manage resources" menu's file manager. You can also enable "directory browsing" when you setup your VD and this will allow you to access all the files by simply pointing your browser to the VD and then pulling down your WSE trace files from there.

6) you should be able to test your solution independantly. We are working on making more flexibility avialable on this front soon. Please let us know of any limitations that you run into when testing.

Wednesday, April 4, 2007 4:10 AM