Equipment needed? RRS feed

• General discussion

• This is what I am trying to do...... I have about a 30-40 user LAN that I need to set up and secure. After doing a bunch of research and asking some people, I am still a little confused.  There will be a T1 connection coming into the bldg.  Somebody recommended that I look into a proxy server to help with security issues.  I was thinking about just using a router and some switches.  The same person told me to hook it up this way..........    From T1 connection -> Cisco ASA 5500 firewall -> Cisco 1841 Router -> Proxy Server -> Cisco ASA 5500 firewall -> Cisco 1841 Router -> Cisco Catalyst 520 Switch (x2) -> All nodes.  He also said this is a good way to eliminate a single point of failure. This to me seems a bit too much. He also said something about a IPS/IDS in there somewhere.  The routers themselves are great products with firewalls built in and IPS built in.  I appreciate any help.  Thanks
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:13 AM Off topic.
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:13 AM Off topic. (From:Windows Live OneCare Firewall)
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:32 AM

All replies