Firewall problem RRS feed

• Question

• i'm unable to play Final Fantasy XI as long as my firewall is turned on, i have a router but always have my router firewall turned off. i opened all the required ports to play my game and i was unable, when i completly disable my firewall i am able to play FFXI but i would not like to do that everytime i play it
    Friday, June 19, 2009 4:53 AM

Answers

• i did everything i could think of before i posted my question, including opening ports, i reset my firewall settings to default and i was able to play my game
    • Marked as answer by Rognis Saturday, June 20, 2009 3:33 PM
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 3:33 PM

All replies

• You probably need to allow a program through the firewall or open ports needed by the game or supporting programs. Check with the vendor for the game to see if they have the information you need in their support documents. The firewall configuration to allow programs and to add ports and protocols can be found under Change Settings/Firewall/Advanced in OneCare.
    If you are unable to find the information needed or need help with changing the settings, you can contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, June 19, 2009 1:01 PM
  • i did everything i could think of before i posted my question, including opening ports, i reset my firewall settings to default and i was able to play my game
    • Marked as answer by Rognis Saturday, June 20, 2009 3:33 PM
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 3:33 PM

Interesting that a reset resolved it, but glad to read that you were successful. Thanks for updating us with the solution.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Sunday, June 21, 2009 5:58 PM