locked
Enabled HTTPS on CRM Dynamics 2011 and Outlook plugin has stopped working RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all,

    So today I decided to enable HTTPS on our CRM Dynamics 2011 server. I created a domain signed certificate, and enabled HTTPS in IIS. I also noticed the system locale was set to US so I changed it to UK (where we are) and then restarted. The web page works fine with https however the outlook plugin clients stopped working. I couldn't fix it for the life of me.

    Next step was to disable https and remove the certificate I added. However this didn't seem to fix the issue. I even restored the locale to US but the problem is still there. I can now browse to http://<crm server> but STILL cannot get the outlook plugin to work on any machine. We really need the Outlook plugin for email tracking.

    Any ideas anyone please?


    Thanks


    • Edited by Trayport IS Tuesday, August 6, 2013 9:00 PM
    Tuesday, August 6, 2013 8:58 PM

Answers

  • Hi Minal,

    Thank you for your help. After a VERY late night searching for answers, it turned out that to do with another DR server we set up in the past that changed the configuration but the Live server had never been touched since then and we only found the problem now:

    As per the article below we found that the second server we had overwritten the table in the database, we changed it to the primary one again and it all works fine. Many thanks for your help!

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2834554 

    • Marked as answer by Trayport IS Wednesday, August 7, 2013 3:03 PM
    Wednesday, August 7, 2013 3:03 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

         Few questions for you:

    1) Is CRM working fine from web client? If so what is the discovery service URL for your instance?

    2) Is Discovery service working and can you try by clicking on the URL?

    3) What happens when you try discovery service URL from the client machine?

    Following might help:

    http://blog.salesmetrix.com/2011/11/22/problems-configuring-dynamics-crm-2011-outlook-clients/


    Hope this helps.
     
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
     Minal Dahiya
     
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

    Tuesday, August 6, 2013 11:21 PM
  • Hi Minal,

    Thank you for your help. After a VERY late night searching for answers, it turned out that to do with another DR server we set up in the past that changed the configuration but the Live server had never been touched since then and we only found the problem now:

    As per the article below we found that the second server we had overwritten the table in the database, we changed it to the primary one again and it all works fine. Many thanks for your help!

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2834554 

    • Marked as answer by Trayport IS Wednesday, August 7, 2013 3:03 PM
    Wednesday, August 7, 2013 3:03 PM