none
Upgrade to Win 10, RDC doesn't connect Where do i post this?

Question

• I upgraded my laptop win 8.1 to win 10 pro (not a clean install) and now can't use RDC to get into my media server. I connect through a local ip (192.168.1.xxx) and though a DDNS. My laptop and a desktop both upgraded to 10 pro but my laptop can't RDC into my media center. My desktop RDC works fine as well as the android and ios apps (through local IP and DDNS). Just my laptop won't connect. I've tried deleting all the history and user credentials on the laptop but nothing works. All i get is a login error as if i used the wrong password. 

All this leads me to believe that it's my laptop and not the media server. Can i do a clean install of RDC? i've gone through regedit and there were no user credentials to delete. I also saw this fix on another forum:

I added this to the client's registry.  (If Microsoft gets a server side solution I'll update this post.)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client
     Name: RDGClientTransport
     Type: Dword
     Data: 1

I added that key to the media server and it didn't do anything (I don't know enough to know exactly what that key does fyi)

I'm at my wits end with this simple thing. I'm about to do a fresh win 10 install on this damn laptop just to get RDC working! 

Any suggestions would be great, thanks! 

Friday, October 09, 2015 1:30 AM

Answers