Cannot connect to network RRS feed

• Question

•  

I bought a new Dell Inspiron 531 Desktop. It came equipped with Vista, so I tested it and I was able to access the network.

Then I installed WHS on it, very seamless installation except that it seems that my network Interface card does not work anymore, I don't have access to the network.

Even the IPCONFIG command return nothing, but I can ping on 127.0.0.1.

What shoud I do?

Thanks,

Sunday, November 25, 2007 3:10 AM

All replies

• The first thing to check,do you have an operating network card - does it have drivers? On the Server, click Start, then right-click on the My Computer item and select Properties. On the resultant screen, select the Hardware Tab, then Device Manager. This will show all the components and the state of them, check to see if there is an exclamation mark against your network card entry; if there is, you need a driver for it. All drivers for WHS, should be Server 2003 compatible, so you need to check whats available for your card.

If, after this, you still have problems, let us know and we'll go from there.

HTH,

Colin

Sunday, November 25, 2007 8:36 AM
  • Sounds to me like you need to reinstall the network card drivers on your dell machine.

Look on the dell website for 2003 drivers for your machine, if they dont have them, try the XP drivers.

I had a similar problem on a dell box during the beta.

Andrew

Sunday, November 25, 2007 8:38 AM