none
Recovery media for windows 8 laptop upgraded to windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

as in subject line I need to use a recovery media to reboot my crashed laptop.  Shall I use a windows 10 or a windows 8 recovery media?

And where is the forum for this question?

Have a nice day all

Monday, October 23, 2017 10:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• I'd ask for help over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, October 23, 2017 12:40 PM
  • Hi Alphastardust,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4027936/windows-go-back-to-windows-7-or-windows-81

NTRao

Thanks for supporting NTRao. I see that you joined MSDN in 2014, but this month you rock :-)
    I see you helped a lot of people this month

Well done!

* I think this case is not about going back. If I understood correctly alphastardust need to restore the system, which mean he cannot login (he is talking about crashed system).

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Monday, October 23, 2017 3:17 PM

• @pituach

Yes, i'm in my notice period so I've enough time to contribute, after 2nd Nov you may not see me very frequently like now !

Thanks for your appreciation, appreciation always motivates !

NTRao

• Edited by NTRao Tuesday, October 24, 2017 4:36 AM
    Tuesday, October 24, 2017 4:34 AM
  • Here  I am again, I do know how to reboot wth a usb recovery stick, and yes I cannot log in,  do not ask for help about how to do it, only for this simple question's answer, shall I use a windows 8 recovery media since I bought the laptop with windows 8 pre-installed or  I'd better use a windows 10 recovery media since I performed the upgrade to windows 10 several months before the crash.  If this is not the place to ask where to do so (above forums did not work for me).

Tks

Thursday, October 26, 2017 11:44 AM
  • What hardware are you working with?

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, October 26, 2017 12:43 PM
  • Here  I am again, I do know how to reboot wth a usb recovery stick, and yes I cannot log in,  do not ask for help about how to do it, only for this simple question's answer, shall I use a windows 8 recovery media since I bought the laptop with windows 8 pre-installed or  I'd better use a windows 10 recovery media since I performed the upgrade to windows 10 several months before the crash.  If this is not the place to ask where to do so (above forums did not work for me).

Tks

Hi,

>> If this is not the place to ask where to do so

Well this forum is not the place to ask the question, but it is the place to ask "where to ask the question", so You are in the right place for this step, but I don't understand why you post your query with bold text :-(

Are you angry that people tried to help you and did not succeed in first attempt (or in general)? Are these people that spend their free time to help you didi something wrong? Was the payment too high for the free support they tried to provide? Please remember, we are all here on our free time trying our best to help others :-)

Can you please post the thread that you opened in the windows 10 forum?
    It seems to me like the best place for this question. I want to take a look at the responses you got. Unfortunately is not my expertise, as I more in the database field, but i wonder what you mean by "above forums did not work for me".

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:28 PM
  • laptop lenovo G40-30
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:37 PM
  • Hey folks, are you stressed and nervous those days outhere?

I tried to decorate my text (fonts colour, size, family etc) and only found the bold decoration.  Did not mean any harm...

Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:39 PM
  • laptop lenovo G40-30

If you have the windows 10 recovery media I'd use that otherwise you can follow along here.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht077084

If you use the Lenovo recovery tools you'll likely end up with original OS. Another option is to clean install windows 10.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht103640

In both cases you could ask in Lenovo forums for hardware specific help.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/English-Community/ct-p/Community-EN 

Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:52 PM
  • Hey folks, are you stressed and nervous those days outhere?

Too funny, I'd agree

Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:53 PM
  • I'll order through amazon a recovery usb stick and just wish to know if I'm to choose the pre-installed windows 8 one or the upgraded windows 10 one.
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 3:11 PM
  • There's no way for us to know the suitability of amazon products to your situation. I'd think not required but better to contact Lenovo support for direction.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/g40-30-notebook-lenovo/contactus

Thursday, October 26, 2017 3:20 PM