CRM 2015 - Activities Sub-Grid - CONDITIONALLY Exclude few specific custom activities on Add New RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

On CRM 2015, I have a related records sub-grid of Activities on a custom entity form and I don't want users to add a specific custom activity  using + button on right hand side of sub-grid. However I do want to see this activity on another custom entity form. How can this be achieved? Can we use Javascript as suggested by following link:

http://www.powerobjects.com/2014/03/24/what-to-do-with-unwanted-activity-types-in-dynamics-crm

There is no examples given though.

Please help.

• Edited by Gatotkacha Thursday, December 3, 2015 12:22 PM
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 12:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Experts,

On CRM 2015, I have a related records sub-grid of Activities on a custom entity form and I don't want users to add a specific custom activity  using + button on right hand side of sub-grid. However I do want to see this activity on another custom entity form. How can this be achieved? Can we use Javascript as suggested by following link:

http://www.powerobjects.com/2014/03/24/what-to-do-with-unwanted-activity-types-in-dynamics-crm

There is no examples given though.

Please help.

Thursday, December 3, 2015 11:32 AM
  • When displaying data in subgrid you can user you own view. You will have to create a view in child entity and use that view on parent entity form. You can make the query of the view accordinsg to your requirement

Regards Faisal

Friday, December 4, 2015 10:38 AM
  • Thanks Faisal for your reply but display view is OK and what I wanted is restrict users to create certain type of custom activity. Currently when you click + button above subgrid, it shows all the activities (including custom ones) to pick one. I want to exclude a specific custom activity from this list. I hope that makes it bit clearer
    Friday, December 4, 2015 1:58 PM