Login failed - CRM2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Our installation has suddenly stopped working. We get this error when browsing to the url

Cannot open database "MSCRM_CONFIG" requested by the login. The login failed.

Login failed for user 'BSOS\ApplicationService'.

Please help!

Thursday, May 3, 2012 3:06 PM

All replies

• Hi CMLabs,

You can check the following:

• Check if the account BSOS\ApplicationService is member of the CRM AD groups?
    • Check if the account has access to the SQL server.

Let us know how you get on

Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com

Thursday, May 3, 2012 9:51 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks, this does appear to be sql related. When I logged onto the sql server I noticed the MSCRM_CONFIG and BSOS_MSCRM databases were inaccessable (they had no + symbol to expand them)

After a reboot the MSCRM_CONFIG one was available again however not the main BSOS_MSCRM.

However what is strange is the data seems to have been moved into a new database which is named - [f1bdeb0164494e927f06a0c2181995] ???

This seems to contain all the correct tables and I checked SystemUserBase and it contains our users.

I'm really confused how/why this has happened, any help appreciated!

Thanks

Friday, May 4, 2012 9:25 AM
  • Check whether the user exists in AD and also you can restart your Services in the Server where you created the Organization.

Naren

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:21 AM