TOUCH SENSITIVE SMART KEYS ARE NOT WORKING ( BACK, WINDOWS, SEARCH) RRS feed

• Question

• i'm using NL 720. with 8.1 official update. every thing was working so fine till last night, but in the morning i found to see its soft keys not functioning. when i looked for solutions on internet i just saw a person also experienced just same with no small difference even... i guess.

Lumia 720 capacitive keys (back, windows & search) not working Image

Question
    • Remove alert
      I am using a NL 720 running WP8.1 Developer Preview. I updated to 8.1 on the release day itself and have been using it since then. Suddenly starting today morning, the 3 keys below the screen stopped working.
      Wednesday, June 11, 2014 10:42 AM
      0 Points
    All replies

Hello Arun Sandeep:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issue you are having with the keys on your phone.  In most cases this type of behavior indicates there is an issue with the phone's hardware.  Before we settle on this there are a couple things you might consider doing with your phone.

• Go to settings > touch > adjust the touch sensitivity.  Try using the keys with both high and normal selected.
      • Go to settings > ringtones + sounds > check and uncheck the play sound for key press option.  Try using your phone and the keys with each setting selected.
      • Soft reset the phone by going to settings > storage sense > phone > temporary files > delete > Internet Explorer settings > delete history.  Once you are done with that, press and hold the down volume button plus the power button until the phone vibrates and reboots. 
      • If the issue continues the next thing to do is to do a factory reset of the phone.  I would suggest you back up your media and turn on phone backups before doing this.

For anyone that is having this issue, please provide the following details.

• Make and model of phone.
      • Current OS version.
      • Current firmware revision.
      • Regional setting of the phone.
      • Country you are located in.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Friday, June 13, 2014 3:20 AM
      480 Points

and i did the same just as sujjeested above. tried checking normal and hich sensitive touch methods. /soft reset/hard reset/ and contacted nearby nokia store for software reset.

NOTE: all those soft keys are working when they were.., touched with so gently. and once in two-three try's.   please help me in finding solution for this.

here are details probably you might needed.

NAME: WINDOWS PHONE

MODEL: NOKIA LUMIA 720

SOFTWARE: WINDOWS PHONE 8.1

Os VER: 8.10.12393.890

FIRM.VER NUMBER: 3058.50000.1425.0002

HARD.RE.NUMBER: 1.0.0.0

R.S.V: 2.0.242037.8

CHIP SOC VER: 8227

IMEI: 357297054959706

REGIONAL SETTING FOR PHONE : UNITED STATES

PURCHASED IN COUNTRY: INDIA

AND JUST IN THIS MONTH ie., ON 4/11/2014 ITS WARRANTY HAS BEEN EXPIRED. :'(

PLEASE NEED YOUR HELP.

kirankirk

• Moved by Carl Cai Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:08 AM more related to suggested forum
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 8:57 AM

All replies

• i'm using NL 720. with 8.1 official update. every thing was working so fine till last night, but in the morning i found to see its soft keys not functioning. when i looked for solutions on internet i just saw a person also experienced just same with no small difference even... i guess.

Lumia 720 capacitive keys (back, windows & search) not working Image

Question
    • Remove alert
      I am using a NL 720 running WP8.1 Developer Preview. I updated to 8.1 on the release day itself and have been using it since then. Suddenly starting today morning, the 3 keys below the screen stopped working.
      Wednesday, June 11, 2014 10:42 AM
      0 Points
    All replies

Hello Arun Sandeep:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issue you are having with the keys on your phone.  In most cases this type of behavior indicates there is an issue with the phone's hardware.  Before we settle on this there are a couple things you might consider doing with your phone.

• Go to settings > touch > adjust the touch sensitivity.  Try using the keys with both high and normal selected.
      • Go to settings > ringtones + sounds > check and uncheck the play sound for key press option.  Try using your phone and the keys with each setting selected.
      • Soft reset the phone by going to settings > storage sense > phone > temporary files > delete > Internet Explorer settings > delete history.  Once you are done with that, press and hold the down volume button plus the power button until the phone vibrates and reboots. 
      • If the issue continues the next thing to do is to do a factory reset of the phone.  I would suggest you back up your media and turn on phone backups before doing this.

For anyone that is having this issue, please provide the following details.

• Make and model of phone.
      • Current OS version.
      • Current firmware revision.
      • Regional setting of the phone.
      • Country you are located in.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Friday, June 13, 2014 3:20 AM
      480 Points

and i did the same just as sujjeested above. tried checking normal and hich sensitive touch methods. /soft reset/hard reset/ and contacted nearby nokia store for software reset.

NOTE: all those soft keys are working when they were.., touched with so gently. and once in two-three try's.   please help me in finding solution for this.

here are details probably you might needed.

NAME: WINDOWS PHONE

MODEL: NOKIA LUMIA 720

SOFTWARE: WINDOWS PHONE 8.1

Os VER: 8.10.12393.890

FIRM.VER NUMBER: 3058.50000.1425.0002

HARD.RE.NUMBER: 1.0.0.0

R.S.V: 2.0.242037.8

CHIP SOC VER: 8227

IMEI: 357297054959706

REGIONAL SETTING FOR PHONE : UNITED STATES

PURCHASED IN COUNTRY: INDIA

AND JUST IN THIS MONTH ie., ON 4/11/2014 ITS WARRANTY HAS BEEN EXPIRED. :'(

PLEASE NEED YOUR HELP.

kirankirk

Hello kirankirk,

I am afraid that this is not the proper forum for this issue, since this forum is for controls and features of Windows Form Application, but this issue is mainly related to Windows Phone.

To confirm whether this is an OS issue, I would recommend you consider posting this issue in the same forum of that thread you shared.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:07 AM
  • THANKYOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION ON MY POST..  BUT SEE I DONT FIND ANY OPTION LIKE WINDOWS PHONE PREVIEW OS ISSUES. AND I JUST ONLY FOUND 

WINDOWS PHONE PREVIEW APP COMPATIBILITY,

WINDOWS PHONE PREVIEW ELIGIBILITY AND REGISTRATION,

WINDOWS PHONE PREVIEW SDK.  :(

kirankirk

Friday, November 14, 2014 8:59 AM