How to remove iTunes music from WHS RRS feed

• Question

• I can't be the only person that wants to do this, so here goes:

I had iTunes installed on my office PC -  It did a sync and all of that music is now on WHS in the music folder.

My office pc is in my home office, and I had mapped my music folder to an external media drive.

I only ever used the office pc to play music while working, I never attached an ipod to it.

I've reinstalled iTunes now and there is no music in my library on the office pc (As i wanted)

The problem is, all of that music that WHS had aggregrated is still sitting on my WHS.  I want to clean that up because it's an exact copy of what i have from my other Dell that I actually connect the ipods to.

So, the question is -- how do I clean this old music off the WHS.  

I can see all of the music on whs in music/computername/driveletter
    I can also see all of the xml/m3u files in music/computername/myusername

If I posted in the wrong area, slap me around all you like - but point me in the right direction please

Jerr
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 10:36 AM

Answers

• jbeechii said:

I can't be the only person that wants to do this, so here goes:

I had iTunes installed on my office PC -  It did a sync and all of that music is now on WHS in the music folder.

My office pc is in my home office, and I had mapped my music folder to an external media drive.

I only ever used the office pc to play music while working, I never attached an ipod to it.

I've reinstalled iTunes now and there is no music in my library on the office pc (As i wanted)

The problem is, all of that music that WHS had aggregrated is still sitting on my WHS.  I want to clean that up because it's an exact copy of what i have from my other Dell that I actually connect the ipods to.

If I posted in the wrong area, slap me around all you like - but point me in the right direction please

Jerr

Did you try deleting it from the music share?
    • Marked as answer by jbeechii Saturday, November 1, 2008 3:00 PM
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 1:02 PM
  • As kariya21 has suggested, delete that whole ugly folder structure from your music share.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 1:21 PM

All replies

• jbeechii said:

I can't be the only person that wants to do this, so here goes:

Jerr

Did you try deleting it from the music share?
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 1:02 PM
  • As kariya21 has suggested, delete that whole ugly folder structure from your music share.
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 1:21 PM
  • I just wanted to make sure that by deleting the folder I was not going to corrupt something, or corrupt the itunes media streaming.
    Seems to have worked like a champ, Guess Im just a little timid as Im new to the WHS world.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 3:00 PM
  • Eventually the iTunes streaming software on the server will re-index your server's shares and will remove the deleted files from it's database. Until that happens, you may continue to see those files.
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 4:06 PM