Fonts street names resolution TOO SMALL on ATT Fuze / HTC Raphael new hi-res VGA screens RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've been happily using Live Search Mobile on the AT&T Tilt.  I just upgraded to an AT&T Fuze (HTC Raphael / Touch Pro), which has a higher resolution screen.  Uh-oh!  The fonts, streets and street names in the Live Search Mobile map view were already pretty small -- but now, on the Fuze, they're almost unreadable.  And of course, even when you zoom in, the street name fonts don't get any bigger.

Is there a way to change the font size or display resolution in the Live Search preferences.xml file?  I can edit the file, but I don't know which tags (if any) pertain to font size or screen resolution.

And if not, then Hey Microsoft: PLEASE make it possible, in a future release, to display larger fonts and details in the map view, especially when zoomed in!  On these new higher-resolution devices like the Fuze, it's simply impossible to read the map unless you're holding it an inch from your nose.  It can't be used while driving.  It's a real safety hazard.  It's great to have the tiny 4-point font when you're zoomed out to state- or county-level; there's a lot of map detail, much more than in Google Maps Mobile.  But when you zoom in, the street font stays microscopic, and thus there's tons of wasted screen space: huge streets marked with microscopic, unreadable little names.

All the other GPS navigation software packages, like AT&T Navigator and CoPilot and so forth, have great big map details, easy to read.  Please emulate!
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 4:11 PM