none
Problem of localization on the profile RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

for my profile http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Profile/papy%20normand?type=forum

when i choose United States (English ), i see that the last post is from 38 minutes (thread : impossible d'installer SQL Server 2008 sur Windows Server 2008 ), the next post is from about one hour

when i choose France (French ) , i see the last is from 38 mois  (months in english ) , the next post about one hour.

Is it possible that there is an error of translation ( minutes/months ) between the french and the american language ?

Have a nice day

Mark Post as helpful if it provides any help.Otherwise,leave it as it is.
    • Moved by Brent Serbus Friday, May 6, 2011 6:13 PM profile (From:Forums Issues (not product support))
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 9:58 PM

Answers

• We had an update on May 12th that fixed some localization problems. In any case, post to the profile feedback forum if this happens again.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by Brent Serbus Monday, May 23, 2011 6:17 PM
    Monday, May 23, 2011 6:17 PM

All replies

• Hello,

No more problem : minutes are minutes in french and us.

No explanation about this little problem ?

Have a nice day

Friday, May 6, 2011 7:27 AM
  • Hello Brent,

Thanks for the move to this forum ( i searched but i have not found this one ).

A problem difficult to explain when you don't master the english language.And you will have difficulties to reproduice it as this problem has disappeared now ( have you done an update for the display of the last threads which corrected this problem ? )

Have a nice day

Friday, May 6, 2011 8:47 PM
  • We had an update on May 12th that fixed some localization problems. In any case, post to the profile feedback forum if this happens again.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by Brent Serbus Monday, May 23, 2011 6:17 PM
    Monday, May 23, 2011 6:17 PM
  • Hello Brent,

Many thanks

Monday, May 23, 2011 6:39 PM
  • Hello Brent,

Please, i have the same problem  again  in the french localized version ( months instead minutes ). I will try to save it in a .rtf file ( WordPad )

Have a nice day

PS : i have 2 .rtf files : the first one for the english (us) localization and the second one for the french localization. So you should see the problem after the comparison of both files

• Edited by Papy Normand Monday, May 23, 2011 7:42 PM ps added
    Monday, May 23, 2011 7:30 PM
  • Can you send the files to sean.jenkin@microsoft.com so we can take a look?
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:41 PM
  • Hello Sean,

I sent an e-mail with the both files and many thanks for the interest you have for this problem.

Have a nice day

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:07 PM
  • Hello Sean,

I have sent 2 e-mails with the header Problem of localization in my profile ( from Papy Normand ) because the .rtf files are too big ( 7800 KB each )

The french display is in the 2nd e-mail. I hope that it will be more clear thzn my my poor english.

Have a nice day

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:03 PM