none
Forum Search not up to date

General discussion

• Is anyone else finding inconsistent/old information in forum search results?

I posted a reply to a post. I see the new reply in the "My Threads" view, but no other. I do not see it in the "My Forums Threads" view, or in all TechNet forums (no forums selected), or even in the actual forum view. I can find the thread, but the last activity is hours ago, not the last few minutes, and it shows too few replies. If I find the thread and open it, I see my reply of a few minutes ago.

The only view I can depend on is the "My Threads" view, but that only covers threads where I have replied. I fear I am not seeing any new activity.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, December 22, 2016 12:07 AM

All replies

• Well, just after posting this question I refreshed (again) all of my views and they now seem to be up to date. Strange. Hopefully this was a temporary glitch. But I have suspected similar problems before, where the "My Threads" view is the only one I could depend on.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, December 22, 2016 12:14 AM
  • It's been going on for the last couple of days. I emailed them a few times last night but they don't seem to grasp the issue. The list views take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours to sync up with actual status of threads. Some never do sync. I think the "My Threads" is unaffected because it doesn't rely on the search service. It's the only view we have when the search service dies.

Edit: I just emailed them again.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, December 22, 2016 12:45 AM