none
Windows Vista Home Premium product Key is not valid RRS feed

• Question

• I recently bought an HP Compaq 6710b laptop computer. The screen is dark but I can use it with a monitor until I get the screen replaced. It has a Windows Vista Business OEMAct sticker on the bottom, but when I try to turn the computer on, I get "The Windows Vista Home Premium product key you typed is invalid" pop up screen, and a "Windows (TM) Build 6000 This copy of Windows is not genuine" mesaage in the lower right hand corner. The choices I have in the pop up screen are Access your computer with reduced functionality, Type in a different product key and Contact DELL to help resolve the problem. I tried the first one, but that only puts me on the internet, I have typed the key from the bottom for the second choice, but that just gets me the message that I need a code for the Home Premium product and the third choice, this is not a DELL computer. Can anyone help me?
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 6:34 PM

Answers

• "blizzard14" wrote in message news:fb374e8f-8576-4015-80d5-85e12f0fda5a...
    I recently bought an HP Compaq 6710b laptop computer. The screen is dark but I can use it with a monitor until I get the screen replaced. It has a Windows Vista Business OEMAct sticker on the bottom, but when I try to turn the computer on, I get "The Windows Vista Home Premium product key you typed is invalid" pop up screen, and a "Windows (TM) Build 6000 This copy of Windows is not genuine" mesaage in the lower right hand corner. The choices I have in the pop up screen are Access your computer with reduced functionality, Type in a different product key and Contact DELL to help resolve the problem. I tried the first one, but that only puts me on the internet, I have typed the key from the bottom for the second choice, but that just gets me the message that I need a code for the Home Premium product and the third choice, this is not a DELL computer. Can anyone help me?

You need to use the System Recovery software to reinstall the system's original OS.
    If the recovery partition isn't available, then order a set of disks from HP/Compaq. You could also install bare Windows from a Retail copy of  Vista, using the COA Key on the case.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 6:47 PM
  • Evidently, someone installed an unauthorized copy of Windows on your computer.  You will need to perform a "clean install" using the correct HP Windows Recovery Disc.

Please see: HP Notebook PCs - Order Recovery Discs for Windows 7, Vista, or XP

Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 6:57 PM

All replies

• "blizzard14" wrote in message news:fb374e8f-8576-4015-80d5-85e12f0fda5a...
    I recently bought an HP Compaq 6710b laptop computer. The screen is dark but I can use it with a monitor until I get the screen replaced. It has a Windows Vista Business OEMAct sticker on the bottom, but when I try to turn the computer on, I get "The Windows Vista Home Premium product key you typed is invalid" pop up screen, and a "Windows (TM) Build 6000 This copy of Windows is not genuine" mesaage in the lower right hand corner. The choices I have in the pop up screen are Access your computer with reduced functionality, Type in a different product key and Contact DELL to help resolve the problem. I tried the first one, but that only puts me on the internet, I have typed the key from the bottom for the second choice, but that just gets me the message that I need a code for the Home Premium product and the third choice, this is not a DELL computer. Can anyone help me?

You need to use the System Recovery software to reinstall the system's original OS.
    If the recovery partition isn't available, then order a set of disks from HP/Compaq. You could also install bare Windows from a Retail copy of  Vista, using the COA Key on the case.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 6:47 PM
  • Evidently, someone installed an unauthorized copy of Windows on your computer.  You will need to perform a "clean install" using the correct HP Windows Recovery Disc.

Please see: HP Notebook PCs - Order Recovery Discs for Windows 7, Vista, or XP

Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 6:57 PM