2013 streets and trips RRS feed

All replies

• Just a little bit off topic, don't you think?  Do you realize you've posted this question in a forum for developers to discuss issues with the forums software?  Perhaps you're looking for the Windows Forums?
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 3:02 PM
  • for one, I will except help from wherever it comes from, two, as a developer I would think you would be able to see that windows10 does not support some software. perhaps you might have an answer to this situation.
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 9:13 PM
  • Well, this is in the best forum now, thanks @Mike Laughlin.

As for @sgreets and trips does not run in windows10 (if that is your real name), you should post a detailed description of the problem.  "doesn't run" isn't going to be enough information for anyone to troubleshoot the problem.

You realize that Microsoft Streets & Trips is discontinued, right?  And that Windows 10 is not listed in the system requirements?

Having said that, there is at least one report that it works on Windows 10.  So more details will be required.

• Proposed as answer by Naomi N Thursday, September 3, 2015 8:30 PM
    Friday, August 28, 2015 12:51 PM
  • Thank you for doing your homework, I did not know that it was discontinued. The real problem was that windows10 would not except and keep the product number. so I take it the not all programs are compatible with windows10. I also tried  winzip19. and it also would not install product number. thanks again for your help!

Friday, August 28, 2015 4:16 PM
  • Here's another instance of S&T working in Windows 10. I have been a user of S&T for YEARS! Had it in Win 8.1, installed Win 10 over 8.1 and S&T worked without a problem. I mourn the death of my favorite mapping program!
    Wednesday, September 2, 2015 2:10 PM
  • I switched to Windows 10 in Aug and my Streets & Tips worked great, that is until yesterday. Now am getting the same message that "Registry setting not copied correctly, Setup again from location originally installed". I too did not know that it was discontinued and am mourning the death of the program mainly because all my travel files of locations and roads taken for the last 20 years is now lost.

Microsoft recommends to use the Maps in Windows 10, however in my view it is crap compared to S&T.

I don't have any idea how to set this up again or even if it can be done. If not is there another mapping system that will read S&T files saved?

Monday, September 14, 2015 2:00 AM