Get/Set sync_min_timestamp in SyncFx2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In SyncFx 2.0, is it possible to get access to @sync_min_timestamp that is used while enumerating changes on server?
    Is it also possible to set its value, so that we can request to look for changes since user specified time.

Thanks
    Sumit
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 10:02 PM

Answers

• Sorry I didn't get the full scenario here. I assume by some tables need to be sync-ed together, you meant to say they need to be sync-ed in a single transaction to enfoce the logically related records to be committed at the same transaction ( e.g. orders and orderDetails rows ). in this case you will surely need to put them in same syncGroup. I am not sure how passing the same timestamp value to different syncGroups would help here. could you elabrate the scenario in more details ?

thanks
    yunwen
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 6:08 PM

All replies

• @sync_min_timestamp is from a particular metadata.  I am unsure why you prefer to update this specific information.

But in general, this is a sync-specific metadata which is not supposedly updated by users.

What is your business scenario for this need?

Thanks.

Leo Zhou ------ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 10:13 PM
    Answerer

• Right now we have defined a syncgroup , which consists of few tables. Since transaction scope for sync is at syncgroup level, I am worried that all the tables within the syncgroup will be locked until the whole syncgroup is finished. Although I can avoid this by creating syncgroup at table level, but then other problems will occur because all these tables in the current syncgroup needs to be sync together.

So as a solution, I am thinking of creating table level syncgroups but pasing the same timestamp to all the tables. This way I will be able to emulate current scenario.

Please suggest any other solution that you come across for this problem.

Thanks
    Sumit 
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 10:21 PM
  • Sorry I didn't get the full scenario here. I assume by some tables need to be sync-ed together, you meant to say they need to be sync-ed in a single transaction to enfoce the logically related records to be committed at the same transaction ( e.g. orders and orderDetails rows ). in this case you will surely need to put them in same syncGroup. I am not sure how passing the same timestamp value to different syncGroups would help here. could you elabrate the scenario in more details ?

thanks
    yunwen
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 6:08 PM