Plugin for Phone call not firing when record is created using workflow. RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I have registered my plugin in post create of phone call in Parent and child pipeline.

when i create a record from navigation pane, my plugin is firing and does the core operation.

but when i create a record through workflow, plugin is not firing.

Please help me out in sorting this issue.

Regards,

Madhan

Monday, September 26, 2011 5:34 PM

Answers

• HI All,

sorry i have checked depth in my code which prevents plugin to fire when called from Workflow.

thanks and regards,

madhan

• Marked as answer by Madhan.B Monday, September 26, 2011 7:16 PM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 7:16 PM

All replies

• You indicate that the Plugin is established in the Parent and Child pipelines, so I assume you're working from CRM 4.0; but my question is why is it registered in both?  Are you passing data from one pipeline to the next?  If the Child pipeline requires information passed to it (e.g. SharedVariables) from the Parent pipeline, then perhaps there is a problem with the Parent pipeline execution.  Do you test for the CallerOrigin property?  You may want to enable remote debugging to see that your code is being called, and if it is, why it fails to meet your expectations.
    Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com Please follow the forum guidelines when inquiring of the dedicated CRM community for assistance.
    Monday, September 26, 2011 5:54 PM
  • The plugin is supposed to trigger even if the entity is created from workflow. How have you assessed that it does not trigger? Note that the plugin will execute in the Asynchronous Service instead of the w3wp process because it is invoked from a workflow.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Monday, September 26, 2011 6:23 PM
  • HI All,

sorry i have checked depth in my code which prevents plugin to fire when called from Workflow.

thanks and regards,

madhan

• Marked as answer by Madhan.B Monday, September 26, 2011 7:16 PM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 7:16 PM