none
Data Syncronization between Oracle & Access RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently working on a project which requires occasional connection using Sync Framework V2. Here is the scenario of mine:

1.       Oracle on the Server

2.       Access 2003 on Client machine.

Since the network does not make any complication here, I would like to have the Server & Client sync provider in the client side. Could anyone please explain me some startup thoughts on how I should approach this, is there any re-usable provider available for Oracle/Access.

How difficult it is to write a provider from Access, any good example to follow?

Do I have to start from the SimpleProvider level, or is there a intermediate level to start this.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Riyaz

Monday, March 8, 2010 9:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• for a start, there's an sample here between Oracle and SQL Compact : http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/sync/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=3761

Not sure about an Access provider though.

Cheers,

junet
    Monday, March 8, 2010 3:20 PM
  • I'm working on doing this right now between Sybase and Sqlite using a FullEnumerationSimpleProvider.  As there is no server, just a server database the server & client providers both run on the client. So far things are working nicely, though a bit slow, (30 minutes to do 4000 records).
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:05 PM
  • dosborn,

I'm starting to do the exact same thing as you except I'm working with Oracle and SQLITE.  I don't have any change tracking at all, all I want is to get a snapshot from oracle into sqlite.  Could you post your sybase provider you wrote so I can apply that to oracle?  Or if you're unable to maybe point me to the right direction.  Most of the code examples I've found require a database that has change tracking tables, triggers, etc. 

Thanks,

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 6:37 PM
  • Sorry for the slow reply.  I can't post the code, but all I'm doing is implementing a full enumeration provider where I have defined how to insert, delete, or update a row.  Let me know if you need more detail.
    Monday, March 29, 2010 5:55 PM
  • i just hit the link and its working just fine.
    Sunday, January 23, 2011 7:14 AM