none
Why when I run ConvertiblePricing_Complete users with different performance changes? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a issue in my hpc infraestructure, when i run microsoft demo spreadsheet with user1 is much more faster (about 8 seconds) than when i run with the user2 (about 49,8 seconds). Both users are HPC CLUSTER ADMINISTRATOR. 

Wagner Sandres

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:04 PM

All replies

• What will happen if you run spreadsheet with user1 ,and again with user 1 ?Is the time similiar?

Verify you have registered both users with Cluster Manager on the Users page.

Also try :

Open cmd console.

run in the console : "runas /user:user1@your_domain cmd"

A new console will open under user1 permissions

run in the new consloe "job submit test" command to confirm that you cluster accepts user credentials (you shouldn't be prompted for password here)

Daniel Drypczewski

Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:26 AM
  • Answers:

1. Yes is very similar, 8,45s , 8,60s etc...

2. yes both users are registered in cluster manager;

3. Yes I make this test and submit a test job with no problems.

I don´t know more what i do :(

Wagner Sandres

Thursday, January 3, 2013 6:39 PM
  • Could you verify in Cluster Manger how many resources (nodes,cores) are assigned to the user1 job and user2 job after it was run? ( or from command console type job view [job_id] )

I haven't tested that spreadsheet but maybe there is a macro that assigns different resources for different user. The time difference between user1 and user2 is ~ 6x, this could mean  6 times less resources.(this is just my guess)

Daniel Drypczewski

Monday, January 7, 2013 4:01 AM
  • It´s Very stragne because i copy in Active directory the user that have better performance, and nothing changes, the performance still slow.

Wagner Sandres

Thursday, February 7, 2013 1:27 PM