Changing default views (My Active Accounts to All Active Accounts) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We're trialing Dynamics CRM 4.0 at the moment and have a small question regarding the default views. We're a small company and as such don't have a need to assign an account to a specific person. That being the case we'd prefer the default view (for example when viewing accounts) to be "All active accounts" rather than "My Active Accounts". Is this possible and if so how is it accomplishable?

We're aware that you can change the view for each screen by clicking the dropdown but as it reverts back to "My whatever" after you move to a new screen it is a small annoyance.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

RW
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 1:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    If you navigate to settings>Customization>Customize Entities then the 'Account' entity you will see that one of the options is 'Forms and Views'. The default is usually set to 'My Active Accounts'. You can set this to Active Accounts by highlighting it then under 'More Actions' choose 'Set Default'. Don't forget to publish the Entity.

Rob
    www.crmconsult.info
    • Proposed as answer by 365knowledge.com Wednesday, March 18, 2009 2:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rwatso Wednesday, March 18, 2009 4:23 PM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 2:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    If you navigate to settings>Customization>Customize Entities then the 'Account' entity you will see that one of the options is 'Forms and Views'. The default is usually set to 'My Active Accounts'. You can set this to Active Accounts by highlighting it then under 'More Actions' choose 'Set Default'. Don't forget to publish the Entity.

Rob
    www.crmconsult.info
    • Proposed as answer by 365knowledge.com Wednesday, March 18, 2009 2:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rwatso Wednesday, March 18, 2009 4:23 PM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 2:43 PM
  • Hi Donna,

That plugin looks like what we may need. Thanks for that.

Hi Rob,

Navigating to Customization only provides the option "Download Web Service Description Files" which then provides the option to download two .asmx files. One for MainData and the other for metadata.

Is there something more I need to do to provide access to change Entities?

Thanks

RW
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 2:55 PM
  • It's probably a permission thing you will need either System Admin or System Customizer (thats the CRM roles)
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3:48 PM
  • Hi Rob,

That was exactly it. Forgot that I'd only configured one account with those permissions and I wasn't logged in using that one. School boy error! Many thanks for your help.

RW
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 4:22 PM