NoReplyAll: Feature Request: Make available for meeting requests as well. RRS feed

• Question

• I implemented the macro in How to easily disable Reply To All and Forward in Outlook because I wanted to prevent people from forwarding a meeting request.  It works very well.

I'd like to replace the macro with NoReplyAll, but the new Disable section doesn't appear in meeting requests.  It is only in email messages.

So the feature request is to make the UI available for meeting requests as well as email messages.

Note, I only testing turning off forwarding with meeting requests.  I did not test turning off reply-all.

Thanks,
    Bob

Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:11 PM

All replies

• Yeah, it's been on my todo list for a while. I hope to get round to it soonish.
    Friday, June 15, 2012 5:26 AM
  • A new version of the add-in is now available which adds such functionality to meeting requests and a few other Outlook item types.
    Friday, June 29, 2012 4:00 PM
  • I just downloaded and installed the add-in.

It shows as version 2.5.5.0.

It DOES NOT have the functionality of the "no reply" or "no reply all" on calendar appointments.  It only shows "no forward".

The issue we are having is with users clicking "reply all" to the original meeting invite as it appears in the inbox and ending up with an unsolicited and unapproved thread being sent to the all of the invitees.

Has the new version not been posted as yet?

Thanks,

Ed

Friday, June 29, 2012 5:21 PM
  • Thanks Gavin!

Ed, before this release, nothing showed up on the calendar appointments at all.

Best,
    Bob

Friday, June 29, 2012 5:51 PM
  • OK then.

I guess the request then is to complete the suite!  :-)  And add the "reply", and "reply all" to the appointments as well so that emails generated from an appointment cannot be instructed to "reply all".

Ed

Friday, June 29, 2012 6:40 PM
  • D'oh - I'm kicking myself now. It never entered my head that anyone would reply to a meeting invitation instead of accept/decline it, and I deliberately removed the two reply buttons when I copied the ribbon components across :-|

It's back on my todo list...

Sunday, July 1, 2012 7:20 AM
  • Thanks for doing this Gavin.

I'll set myself a reminder to check once a month at the download site to see if there's a new publishing date!

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/60860f41-88ab-4bb4-8104-765feca9cfed/default.aspx

Ed

Friday, July 20, 2012 2:39 PM
  • Ed, version 2.6.1 has just been released - does it get closer to what you wanted?
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:40 AM
  • Yep, I finally got to test it.

Thanks for making that change.

Ed

Saturday, October 6, 2012 6:28 PM