Reinstalling Windows and WLOC RRS feed

• Question

•  

I had to reinstall WXP in my laptop and all applications. I have 2 WLOC licenses installed in different PC's. The laptop was installed using v1 and then was upgraded to v2 automatically. Therefore I am using this version to reinstall. However after I click Install, it redirects me to a site that appears invalid. Can I use v2 even if the other 5 licenses are already being used?
    Sunday, December 9, 2007 2:15 AM

Answers

• If you have two subscriptions, simply check the other PCs to see what the subscription ID is for each. (Once they are all on V2, this will be easier if you make at least one PC for each subscription a Hub.) Then use the LiveID - subscription ID - that has an available license of the 3 permitted and activate. You can install the latest bits from http://onecare.live.com for a reinstall - no need to use a CD as it only goes online anyway.

-steve

Monday, December 10, 2007 3:40 PM

All replies

• If you have two subscriptions, simply check the other PCs to see what the subscription ID is for each. (Once they are all on V2, this will be easier if you make at least one PC for each subscription a Hub.) Then use the LiveID - subscription ID - that has an available license of the 3 permitted and activate. You can install the latest bits from http://onecare.live.com for a reinstall - no need to use a CD as it only goes online anyway.

-steve

Monday, December 10, 2007 3:40 PM
  • Whooops!! Did I had to use different Id's? I registered the 5 licenses into the same ID. In the site you pointed me to (which I thank you), the renewal date was extended to my latest software purchase, August. But what happened to my first 3 licences I renewed in May?

>rapol

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 12:47 AM
  • If you new renewal date is August of 2008, that means that you renewed your original account in August. You original account was apparently created in August of 2006, based on this. If you purchased another subscription online n May, it is under a different LiveID. If you purchased a retail CD in May and used it to install to 1 or more new PCs, but used the same LiveID used originally in 8/06, you never provided the new retail key in 5/07 and it can still be used to extend/renew your current subscription in the future.

-steve

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 2:44 PM