none
Cannot get into MSDN Forums with outlook.com account ??? RRS feed

• Question

• Cannot get into MSDN Forums with one of my outlook.com accounts. When I click Forums on main MSDN page I immediately get "HTTP 404 Not Found" error.

What's wrong ?

With any other my outlook.com or hotmail.com account all is OK.

Oleg Subachev

Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• When I click Forums on main MSDN page I immediately get "HTTP 404 Not Found" error.

Using which browser?  E.g. if IE9 you could use its Network Capture tool to see if there is a bad redirect which is causing that symptom.   (Capture two traces for both cases and compare the URLs which are being requested when the 404 occurs.)   You would need to make sure that both Clear entries on navigate Tools options are unchecked--an unfortunate default when redirects are involved.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, October 29, 2012 4:10 PM
  • The problem still exists under IE9, Chrome and Firefox (I have no Opera).

What are "that both Clear entries on navigate Tools" ?

Where to uncheck them ?

Oleg Subachev

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:06 AM
  • Still an issue?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 8:59 PM
    Owner
  • Yes.

Exactly the same:

I get on main MSDN page, click 'Sign In' and successfully sing in. Then click on 'Forums' and get 404 error.

Oleg Subachev

Thursday, November 8, 2012 4:08 AM
  • UPDATE: Submitted as a bug request.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:11 AM
    Owner
  • As we see the issue is with Windows Live and his account, we would suggest you contact Windows Live Support. You can find information on that here: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-help-center or there are also some Windows Live forums here that you can ask a question in: http://windowslivehelp.com/

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:07 AM
  • The problem still exists.

How can I solve it ?

Oleg Subachev

Thursday, November 22, 2012 11:34 AM
  • How can I solve it ?

Have you tried doing a Network Capture in IE9 yet?   As I mentioned, since redirects are involved I would turn off both (default) Clear entries on navigation...  options (via the F12 Tools menu).

Google Chrome probably has the same kind of utility too.  Or if necessary you could use a full TCP packet capture tool, such as NetMon or WireShark.  

---

Thursday, November 22, 2012 3:43 PM