OneCare turns System Restore back on everytime it does a tuneup RRS feed

• Question

• There is something in OneCare that I am sick and tired of happening. Everytime TuneUp runs, it turns System Restore back on. I don't need it on all the time, as I prefer to create my own restore point before I install a game or application. There is absolutely no need or reason for OneCare to be turning System Restore back on every time it does a tuneup. Everytime OneCare turns System Restore back on, System Restore creates a restore point on it's own, which I don't need and ends up causing a performance problem on my machine which I don't really need.

This business of OneCare turning System Restore back on everytime it does a tuneup, has got to stop. If it doesn't, I will be looking at other Internet Security/System Utilitiy packages.

I like OneCare otherwise, but enough is enough of this business of OneCare turning System Restore back on all the time, evertime it does a tuneup.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 8:12 PM

Answers

• Let them know you don't like this at http://feedback.live.com

This is one of several settings that OneCare monitors and changes and does not allow for us to over-ride. You'll see what settings are being changed in your case and at what frequency by creating a support log from the logging tab in OneCare/Change Settings. It won't show you all settings that are monitored, just the ones it took action on.

-steve

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 5:12 PM