Live Mesh failed to start on Windows XP sp3 system. RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using the Live Mesh beta for a while now and it's great. The problem is now it the service won't start on one of my machines. And when I search for a solution, all I see is problem reports, and vague comments about bugs, and how to send in logs, but no steps to follow on how to fix the problem. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. 
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:09 PM

Answers

• KentDowns said:

I have been using the Live Mesh beta for a while now and it's great. The problem is now it the service won't start on one of my machines. And when I search for a solution, all I see is problem reports, and vague comments about bugs, and how to send in logs, but no steps to follow on how to fix the problem. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. 

Hi,

Unfortunately this symptom (fails to start) can be the result of a number of different issues - so there is no clear set of steps to follow in order to fix the problem (especially given that the problem is actually a number of different problems).  So the best thing to do really is to submit a bug with your logs; we need to look at the logs to determine which problem is causing the failure to start.  And as the Connect bug that Erik has linked to above indicates, in some cases all we do is ask for your patience until the problem is resolved.

Thanks,

Ben.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:48 PM

All replies

• KentDowns said:

I have been using the Live Mesh beta for a while now and it's great. The problem is now it the service won't start on one of my machines. And when I search for a solution, all I see is problem reports, and vague comments about bugs, and how to send in logs, but no steps to follow on how to fix the problem. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. 

Hi,

Unfortunately this symptom (fails to start) can be the result of a number of different issues - so there is no clear set of steps to follow in order to fix the problem (especially given that the problem is actually a number of different problems).  So the best thing to do really is to submit a bug with your logs; we need to look at the logs to determine which problem is causing the failure to start.  And as the Connect bug that Erik has linked to above indicates, in some cases all we do is ask for your patience until the problem is resolved.

Thanks,

Ben.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:48 PM