Site is not being crawled RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there!

Why is my website http://www.cardport.de not being crawled by Windows Live?
    There is a sitemapindex following the sitemap.org standard, it currently contains about 2200 pages.

Ok, the website has been launchend at the beginning of 2008, which may explain it.
    But i dont get, that google has almost done the whole work (crawled about 2100/2200 pages),
    Yahoo is crawling it (slowly) and Live is doing nothing except reading the sitemapindex 4 times.

In the "Live" webmaster tools, the site has a Domain Rank 5 out of 5.
    Is it because of the many 301 redirects? I thought the sitemap would help on those issues.
    Or am i just too impatient?

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 10:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• Well, I'm wondering the same for my site.
    It does exist for a few months now and since the last few weeks slowly (i repeat slowly) MSN starts to index the pages.
    Right now only 9 of the 1000+ pages are in the index. After submitting the sitemap it still took al long time before the first page was in the index. What is the value for webmasters to submit a sitemap if (almost) nothing is done with it??

I don't want to compare msn here with Google, but the pages are indexed within Google within just minutes.
    I don't understand why pages do not get indexed here, I even deliver the sitemap and almost nothing happens....
    Tuesday, January 29, 2008 10:53 PM
  • In the case of both posts, there is a problem with rank.   The following post lays out how we rank.  Improving rank will improve crawl frequency and so on and so forth.  None of these suggests will hurt in the other engines, in fact it could help with overall rank.

http://blogs.msdn.com/webmaster/archive/2008/01/11/i-m-not-ranking-in-live-search-what-can-i-do.aspx

Jeremiah

Monday, February 4, 2008 2:42 AM
  • I've already read the post...
    Right now still only 6 of my posts are indexed, will other post not automaticly spidered?
    I understand that it will spider my site more often when I post frequently and have quality and unique content.
    But shouldn't the sitemap help index the site well?
    Shouldn't the spider visit the site automaticcally then?
    A few months with hundreds of visits daily from other searchengines and only 6 posts indexed at live search is still a dissapointing number.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 8:02 PM
  • More than 1,5 months after my last post... right now 58 pages out of >1700 pages indexed...
    Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:33 AM
  • I have similar problems with smeatonvillages.com. MSNbot last visited on the 8th March, but that was just looking at robots.txt - one page indexed, not blocked, valid robots.txt, sitemap submitted and detailed in robots.txt.

The main page is ranked 4/5 although the domain itself is ranked 1/5, backlinks including a government website (5/5), BBC news website (5/5), google directory (5/5), dmoz (4/5) etc - strange ranking here since google directory is sourced from dmoz but MSN rank google directory higher.

Google and Yahoo are both happy with the site, content and back links. MSN won't even look at the content.

Looking at the MSN search results for Little Smeaton shows:

• thesmeatons.net ranked at number 3, which is no longer used for village content and is a parked domain.
    • www.freenetpages.co.uk is ranked in 6th and 7th place - but again is no longer providing content about the area.

So that's at least 3 sites on the first page lacking in relavancy!

Any pointers to convince MSNbot to visit, gratefully received.

regards,
    David

Friday, March 28, 2008 8:47 PM
  • This is really, really bad,

since my message March 27th, still only 86 pages of around 2500 post are indexed.
    It took MSN almost 5 months to index less than 30 pages from a total of 1500- 2000 pages in this period.

C'mon man, I'm working a lot with SEO & SEM and some analytics software,
    even quick search engine startups give me better results than MSN.
    Why is there a webmaster central if sites are crawled this bad, it gives me only more frustration.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:51 PM
  • I have had the same problem on www.bview.co.uk which Google is indexing 1,000,000+ pages crawling regularly but almost none in MSN/Live. Number of Users from MSN/Live search last week.....0.

Any tips anyone i.e. a Live employee?

Thanks
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 2:15 PM
  • Well... or Microsoft just hates me, or their search just sucks..

My site score is maximum, but the number of indexed pages from my site is decreasing.
    See my last message above... 12 aug. there were 86 pages indexed, now only 75..
    Domain: www.112-nieuws.nl

Is anybody from Microsoft reading this?
    There was some comment in Februari, but I would like some more information.....
    Is there anything I can do to get more pages indexed?
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 12:08 PM
  • Hi

I've got sympathy for you.

My site is page one in both G and Y for multiple terms.  It is nearly 2 years old, no rubbish or adsense etc, and 0, yes ZERO pages are indexed.  The site is not blocked or anything yet it doesn't show up no matter what I do.

My only conclusion is that MSN Live search does suck.
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:42 PM
  • Hi!
    I have the same problem with a site im promoting. the url is www.drarielsardi.com.ar.

It has a site map, and its indexed by G and Y, but not by MSN.

according to the site summary, its not blocked, but neither has it been crawled nor indexed. I submitted the site a couple of times, and the site has over 2 yeras in the web.

How can i get indexed¿¿??

Thanks!
    Saturday, September 20, 2008 6:04 PM