serial problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have a problem with my windows vista home premium 64bit activation code.Two years ago i bought Gateway laptop from Bestbuy with authentic vista disc and serial,3 months ago my laptop borke,so i bought desktop pc and installed vista 64 bit on it from the original disc which i bought with my gateway laptop.now i keep getting those activation messages but i cant activate it coz i lost the original box,i have the disc but dont have the serial number!!!i dont know how to get it and what to do!!!!it is so frustrating when i turn on my pc and every single time getting those activation messages and changing wallpapers and itp....Please help me

Mike

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:21 AM

Answers

• "mikenmbr1" wrote in message news:fb75e385-0201-40a2-9650-61171ffdbb8a...

Hi.

I have a problem with my windows vista home premium 64bit activation code.Two years ago i bought Gateway laptop from Bestbuy with authentic vista disc and serial,3 months ago my laptop borke,so i bought desktop pc and installed vista 64 bit on it from the original disc which i bought with my gateway laptop.now i keep getting those activation messages but i cant activate it coz i lost the original box,i have the disc but dont have the serial number!!!i dont know how to get it and what to do!!!!it is so frustrating when i turn on my pc and every single time getting those activation messages and changing wallpapers and itp....Please help me

Mike

Your problem is that your Gateway came with an OEM License - which is not transferable to a new computer.
    What OS was installed on the new computer when you bought it? Is there a COA sticker on the case? - if so, for which version/edition of Windows?

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, January 31, 2011 11:03 PM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:41 AM

All replies

• "mikenmbr1" wrote in message news:fb75e385-0201-40a2-9650-61171ffdbb8a...

Hi.

Mike

Your problem is that your Gateway came with an OEM License - which is not transferable to a new computer.
    What OS was installed on the new computer when you bought it? Is there a COA sticker on the case? - if so, for which version/edition of Windows?

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, January 31, 2011 11:03 PM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:41 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Monday, January 31, 2011 11:03 PM