LiveMesh unaccessable on Win7 after the user account locks. RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am using LiveMesh to connect to work. This Friday I installed Win7 64-bit Ultimate on that machine. I installed LiveMesh and when I came home I was able to connect to the computer. Now (twice) I have had to computer lock my account at work and LiveMesh became unavailable at home. The first time I had a co-worker log into the machine and once he did that I was able to connect. Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

MC

Saturday, November 13, 2010 6:31 PM

All replies

• Are you referring to Live Mesh Beta (www.mesh.com) or Windows Live Mesh, part of Live Essentials 2011?

If you are referring to Windows Live Mesh, not Live Mesh - www.mesh.com, you are in the wrong forum. 

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

In either case, locking the PC should not cause an inability to remotely connect. Both Live Mesh beta and Windows Live Mesh should be available to receive connections with a user logged in and the PC locked or the PC unlocked. I haven't used Windows Live Mesh for remote to tell you that it allows a connection even if no user is logged in, but Live Mesh beta allows this.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, November 15, 2010 12:24 PM