Cannot share anything RRS feed

• Question

•  

When I try to share anything all my attendees can ee is a blank gray window.

I looked at the preview and that was blank too.

Any ideas what would cause this ?

Thursday, March 6, 2008 7:24 PM

Answers

• The last post in this thread is correct - SharedView only works on the primary monitor, and will display gray if you're trying to use your secondary monitor. 

Also, do you have any utilities running that may overlay on your desktop?

thanks

Cameron

Monday, March 17, 2008 5:41 PM

All replies

• I was just reading through some other posts and about half way down this thread ....

http://forums.microsoft.com/SharedViewBeta/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1965380&SiteID=59

... it mentioned that the shared view goes gray in areas that are obscured by non shared "objects".

This got me thinking about what could possibly be going on to cause this despite me sharing my desktop !!!

If i share my desktop then maximise an application on it surely any users should see that application should they not ?

BAsed on other information I have read on here the theory is that if you share your desktop you are effectively saying "share what i can see" sharing of applications is if you only want other people to see specific goings on on your desktop.

Have got this wrong ?

Either way my shared view is always gray no matter what I share ... I do however see the odd blip of an attendees cursor if that makes any difference !

Thursday, March 6, 2008 9:16 PM
  •  TheWardy wrote:

Either way my shared view is always gray no matter what I share ... I do however see the odd blip of an attendees cursor if that makes any difference !

I am having exactly the same problem. When I try it on my other computer inside my network, it works and I can control and view it perfectly. Although, when I am on my own personal desktop running XP Pro, it shows a grey screen with just the mouse cursor.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 10:47 AM
  • I just installed SharedView on my Vista PC today, and encountered the same issue.  I discovered that it occurred when I shared an application that was residing on my secondary display (I have a dual-monitor setup).

Moving the application to my primary monitor corrected things instantly...

Cheers

Nat

Thursday, March 13, 2008 1:29 PM
  • The last post in this thread is correct - SharedView only works on the primary monitor, and will display gray if you're trying to use your secondary monitor. 

Also, do you have any utilities running that may overlay on your desktop?

thanks

Cameron

Monday, March 17, 2008 5:41 PM
  • How do you move the application to your primary monitor?

Thursday, November 6, 2008 11:56 PM
  •  dukebru wrote:
    How do you move the application to your primary monitor?

Right-click on the app icon in the task bar at bottom, select 'move', then use arrow keys to bring it into current display.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:49 PM