CRM 3.0: User Data Export Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm working on redeploying our CRM development server. I rebuilt the test domain AD, and using the Redeployment Tool, I'm able to map old domain users to new domain users.

However, when I try to import CRM AD structure and user profiles from our production server (to XML files) using the User Data Export Wizard, I got error saying that "database is invalid. Only databases created with Microsoft CRM Server version 1.0 or 1.2 can be used."

So I figure that the User Data Export Wizard that was installed is probably an older version. Now my question is, where do I get this CRM 3.0 User Data Export Wizard? I don't find it in the CRM 3.0 CD. Is there anywhere I can download this tool? Or do I need to run the User Data Export Wizard at all?

Please clarify me on this one. Your help is greatly appreciated!

-Elizabeth K.
    Monday, February 23, 2009 10:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Elizabeth, I've never worked with CRM 1.0 or 1.2 and I've never heard of the User Data Export Wizard, so you might be trying to redeploy CRM 3.0 using the redeployment instructions from CRM 1.0 or 1.2.

Try the CRM 3.0 Implementation Guide which has redeployment instructions (no User Data Export Wizard required!):
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en

Regards, Neil
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, February 24, 2009 10:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by kurobenko Wednesday, February 25, 2009 7:17 PM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 12:55 PM
  • Hi Neil, thanks for your reply.

Yeah it seems that I was reading an older CRM documentation... looks like User Data Export Wizard is not needed here.

Thanks for your help! :) appreciate it.

-Elizabeth K.
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 7:16 PM