Restoring information in notes RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

I have question relating to the notes attached to accounts in CRM 4.0

A user has complained that when he cut the text from the note and subsequently forgot to paste it anywhere, the note was then saved leaving the info lost.

Is there anyway I can retrieve this or is it as grave a problem as I think.

Pakman1983

Thursday, January 15, 2009 5:29 PM

Answers

• Once you;ve saved changes, there's no way to get the the data back, other than to restore a previous backup of the database, which seems excessive just to restore the contents of a note

Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:03 PM
  • Do you have a copy of the DB aroudn from a recent back up?  If so, you could restore the DB to a test server somewhere, query it via SQL to look for the note and hope as of the recent SQL DB backup the original text is still in there. You could then copy and paste it manually back into the system.

Each note has its own GUID/record in the Annotation table in the DB, that references the GUID of the corresponding object by its GUID via the objectID column I think.

Either way, a lot of work just for a note Smile

Friday, January 16, 2009 12:36 AM

All replies

• Once you;ve saved changes, there's no way to get the the data back, other than to restore a previous backup of the database, which seems excessive just to restore the contents of a note

Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:03 PM
  • Do you have a copy of the DB aroudn from a recent back up?  If so, you could restore the DB to a test server somewhere, query it via SQL to look for the note and hope as of the recent SQL DB backup the original text is still in there. You could then copy and paste it manually back into the system.

Each note has its own GUID/record in the Annotation table in the DB, that references the GUID of the corresponding object by its GUID via the objectID column I think.

Either way, a lot of work just for a note Smile

Friday, January 16, 2009 12:36 AM
  • Thanks for the quick replies.

I thought as much when I was asking the question but needed some coroberating views.

Just  user who doesn't know the difference between ctrl-x and ctrl-c.

Cheers anyway.

Friday, January 16, 2009 10:02 AM