Load report failed in Crystal report? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am using crystal report in my wpf app for showing reports.its all working fine.but after creating exe when i am going to show reports using APP shortcut(which is created when i install exe) its giving me error like below

{"Load report failed."}

Inner exception is
    {"Unsupported Operation. A document processed by the JRC engine cannot be opened in the C++ stack."}

but when i am showing report using primary output of my exe. its showing me reports.
    i am not able to understand the problem.
    Please tell me what is problem

sumitk

Monday, February 2, 2015 10:44 AM

Answers

• Hi sumitk,
    Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.I am sorry to tell you that we are not support Crystal report. For Crystal Reports , You can consider posting it in Crystal report  forum for more efficient responses. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, February 3, 2015 3:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Thursday, April 9, 2015 9:39 PM
    Tuesday, February 3, 2015 3:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    I am using crystal report in my wpf app for showing reports.its all working fine.but after creating exe when i am going to show reports using APP shortcut(which is created when i install exe) its giving me error like below

{"Load report failed."}

Inner exception is
    {"Unsupported Operation. A document processed by the JRC engine cannot be opened in the C++ stack."}

but when i am showing report using primary output of my exe. its showing me reports.
    i am not able to understand the problem.
    Please tell me what is problem
    • Merged by Kristin Xie Tuesday, February 3, 2015 1:33 AM the duplicate thread
    Monday, February 2, 2015 10:42 AM
  • I'm not clear what you mean, exactly, by primary output of your exe as opposed to the app shortcut.

You have an exe, call it foo.exe.

I would expect that to be primary output of your solution and your shortcut to also point to foo.exe once installed.

Guessing.

When you just run foo.exe by double clicking it then the working directory is where the exe is.

It will pick up a rpt file from that directory.

If your install creates a shortcut with a different working directory then maybe that's the problem.

Another guess.

Maybe you're not delivering the rpt with your application and you mean f5 works on your machine but the delivered solution doesn't work... because there's no rpt there for it to load on the user's machines.

If this isn't your problem then please clarify what the difference between the working and not working running of your exe is.

Please also show the code gets the rpt file.

Please don't forget to upvote posts which you like and mark those which answer your question.
    My latest Technet article - Dynamic XAML

Monday, February 2, 2015 12:44 PM
  • Hello,

please check your path to the .rpt file :

Server.MapPath("~/Reports/InvoiceRegular.rpt");

• Right click the Rpt file.
    • Choose the properties
    • Changed : Build Action as "Content" -> Copy to Output Directory as "Do not Copy" -> Put Empty for Custom Tool and Custom Tool Namespace

Monday, February 2, 2015 2:49 PM
  • Hi sumitk,
    Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.I am sorry to tell you that we are not support Crystal report. For Crystal Reports , You can consider posting it in Crystal report  forum for more efficient responses. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, February 3, 2015 3:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Thursday, April 9, 2015 9:39 PM
    Tuesday, February 3, 2015 3:03 AM