How to add quote's products when creating oredr from active quote in crm RRS feed

• Question

• How can I add  quote's products when creating order from active quote in crm.

Kind Regards

Ayşegül

Kind Regards
    Monday, July 19, 2010 12:51 PM

Answers

• By default, when you create an order from a quote, the quote product items are converted to order product items. This behaviour cannot be re-configured, but could be enhanced or changed by writing a plugin to fire when order product items are created.

Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter.

• Marked as answer by Aysegul Kara Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:40 PM
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 12:04 PM

All replies

• Not sure how to answer your question as what you describe sounds like the default behaviour. Opportunity products are inherited by quotes, and in turn by orders.

Is this not working for your setup?

Are you changing the price list between the quote and the order (which would drop all the products that don't belong to both)?

Monday, July 19, 2010 2:40 PM
  • I mean,

In the quote form,

From Actions -> Create Order by this way I can create an order that related with the quote.

Yes,the price list can be change. So, I want to create the the products from quot's products.

Can I customize the default Create Order Action ?

Kind Regards.

Ayşegül

Kind Regards
    Monday, July 19, 2010 2:46 PM
  • By default, when you create an order from a quote, the quote product items are converted to order product items. This behaviour cannot be re-configured, but could be enhanced or changed by writing a plugin to fire when order product items are created.

Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter.

• Marked as answer by Aysegul Kara Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:40 PM
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 12:04 PM
  • Thanks.
    Kind Regards
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:40 PM
  • Hi,

I don't know anything about plugins. I searched about it after you said.

Can you give me an article link to read that show or can be an example what I want to do.

Kind Regards.

Ayşegül.

Kind Regards
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:36 AM
  • Hi Aysegul, I'm not really sure what you are trying to do. Here's a quick summary of how quotes and orders works:

1. You create a quote.
    2. You add some products (quote line items) to the quote.
    3. If the customer accepts the quote, you convert the quote to an order. The quote's products also get transferred to the order (as order line items).
    4. You adjust the order line items (perhaps for taxes or shipping)
    5. Eventually, the order is completed.

What you want to do, it seems, is already the way that CRM works as standard: when a quote is converted to an order the quote's products get converted to order products. Unless I am misunderstanding your original question?

There is plenty of CRM training and documentation available that describes how to work with quotes and orders. Developing a plugin is a job for an experienced Microsoft developer, and is not something that can be achieved by a new user.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:50 AM
  • Sorry,you are right.When I convert the quote to an order the quote's products also get transferred to the order (as order line items).I don't know CRM's standart. 

I want to transfer some custom field to order line items from quote line items.

I mean

The quote line items                The order line items

new_xfield       -----------------    new_xfield        

new_yfield       -----------------    new_yfield     

Kind Regard

Ayşegül

Kind Regards
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:25 AM
  • Merhaba Ayşegül

Normal de, bu tür eşlemeler için özeleştirmelerden ilişkilere ordan da bağlı olduğu entity ile olan ilişki bulup custom attribute map leye biliyorsun,

fakat quote detail ve order detail e doğrudan crm üzerinden yapamıyorsun aşağıdaki linkte bunun nasıl yapılacığını anlatıyor.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/5f0a7478-fd69-40ab-a040-01aa0be22e94/

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:42 AM