none
Export Printers Default Settings - values wrong after import RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

I was advised to ask this question also in the scripting area. The original thread is located in the print section:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/4545381a-9d7c-4526-ab00-59290f7651f6/export-printers-default-settings-values-wrong-after-import?forum=winserverprint#825c783a-3aa7-40fc-9f4e-794bb731a2a1
    Please use the linked thread for replies!

I hope some one has an idea.

Best regards
    Andreas

Here just for your information the original question:

Hey guys,
    I'm trying to export the printer default settings from a Server 2008 (x86) to 2012 R2. The printer migration wizward had several problems with my Zebra label printers so I've wrote a script to create the printers on the new server (drivers pre installed). 
    This works, but I've problems while transfering the printer default settings (in case of a label printer e.g. temperature and speed).
    I'm exporting and importing the settings with:
    # export
    printui.exe /Ss /n"\\server-name\PRINTER" /a "C:\Printer.bin"
    # import
    printui.exe /Sr /n "PRINTER" /a "C:\Printer.bin" r p 2 c d g
    The option g (global DEVmode) seems to be the right one, because it changes the default settings. But the values are wrong compared to the source printer.The printer driver itself has a import/export function (with default settings dialog). If I export/import the settings from here, they are correct. 
    But this is no option for > 100 printers.
    So someone has an idea, whats going wrong?
    Thanks and best regards
    Andreas

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Friday, March 15, 2019 6:25 PM Off-topic
    Friday, January 25, 2019 8:30 AM

All replies