none
Microsoft out-of-order telephone for automated activation

Question

• To whom it may concern,

My legitimate up-to-date Windows Vista Ultimate SP 2 64-bit requires an automated validation by phone. I have dialed for a week to Tel. 01 800 527 2000 from Mexico but the only answer is « ¡Servicio no disponible! » (Unavailable service!)

Therefore, I would like to report that the Mexican telephone number 01 800 527 2000 has been out-of-order for at least a week.

Thank you

Aleks
    Monday, August 8, 2011 6:01 PM

Answers

• We have contacted our support teams in Mexico and they have tested the phone number 8 times and all were successful in reaching the number.  In addition, we monitor the volume of incidents (number of people that call that number to activate Windows) that occur at that Activation call center and the volumes are consistent with past volumes. (in other words, we are recording around the same amount of people successfully calling that number, as have in the past)

This suggests that the issue may be on your side Alexander. You may want to try calling the activation number from a different phone or contact your phone company for assistance.

Thank you,

Darin MS

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:07 PM
  • EVERY installation of Windows requires a unique ID - part of that ID is the Key which the user has to input during installation (or which the manifacturer uses).

A dual-boot system with two installations of Windows will therefore require two licenses for Windows.

This is VERY cearly explained in the Software License Terms (AKA, EULA) for Windows.

This has been the case for all Windows installations for as long as I can remember - certainly back as far back as Win95.

There is NO problem with having a backup image of a system - so long as that image is not itself bootable.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:35 PM
  • I eventually could communicate to a Microsoft Office phone operator at Mexico. They gave me the alternate phone number 01 800 123 3353 for an automated activation.

I understood that a dual HD computer should have two different Windows licenses if the OS were installed in both HD.

Therefore, I ask to my-self how to keep and update a Windows image on the secondary HD? There was not a problem before!

Alexander
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:21 PM

All replies

• "ALEXANDER HUNGLER" wrote in message news:fbc5aa31-226a-4e26-a597-744a2551636b...

To whom it may concern,

My legitimate up-to-date Windows Vista Ultimate SP 2 64-bit requires an automated validation by phone. I have dialed for a week to Tel. 01 800 527 2000 from Mexico but the only answer is « ¡Servicio no disponible! » (Unavailable service!)

Therefore, I would like to report that the Mexican telephone number 01 800 527 2000 has been out-of-order for at least a week.

Thank you

Aleks

try one of these numbers instead

They can assist (although they are intended for Volume activation)

Monday, August 8, 2011 8:08 PM
  • I followed your instructions but unfortunately is the same phone number. Anyway, thank you very much!
    Aleks
    Monday, August 8, 2011 10:52 PM
  • "ALEXANDER HUNGLER" wrote in message news:0766b6a8-dcdd-4dfd-b93b-35c8fa5d3ea6...
    I followed your instructions but unfortunately is the same phone number. Anyway, thank you very much!
    Aleks

There’s no reason why you shouldn’t use the number for the US (obviously, not the Toll-free one)

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 10:33 AM
  • We have contacted our support teams in Mexico and they have tested the phone number 8 times and all were successful in reaching the number.  In addition, we monitor the volume of incidents (number of people that call that number to activate Windows) that occur at that Activation call center and the volumes are consistent with past volumes. (in other words, we are recording around the same amount of people successfully calling that number, as have in the past)

This suggests that the issue may be on your side Alexander. You may want to try calling the activation number from a different phone or contact your phone company for assistance.

Thank you,

Darin MS

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:07 PM
  • I eventually could communicate to a Microsoft Office phone operator at Mexico. They gave me the alternate phone number 01 800 123 3353 for an automated activation.

I understood that a dual HD computer should have two different Windows licenses if the OS were installed in both HD.

Therefore, I ask to my-self how to keep and update a Windows image on the secondary HD? There was not a problem before!

Alexander
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:21 PM
  • EVERY installation of Windows requires a unique ID - part of that ID is the Key which the user has to input during installation (or which the manifacturer uses).

A dual-boot system with two installations of Windows will therefore require two licenses for Windows.

This is VERY cearly explained in the Software License Terms (AKA, EULA) for Windows.

This has been the case for all Windows installations for as long as I can remember - certainly back as far back as Win95.

There is NO problem with having a backup image of a system - so long as that image is not itself bootable.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:35 PM
  • The number MS office gives for phone activation from Mexico is still the same, AND it still doesn't work. Now it goes to a call center for Cablevision. I will try the alternate number given above. For web support I would have to pay $39, which is ridiculous - it is you guys' fault the damned product doesn't work. The free chat support is never home. 

And by the way. I am VERY annoyed at the number of hoops I have had to jump through (and so far without success) to activate this product, legally bought at a highly inflated price from Office Depot Mexico. If you guys want to place geographic restrictions on your software, at least make sure it works. 

And by the way 2, I am now stuck with a Spanish version of Office. MS says the language can be changed, but I have failed, and everybody around here including paid computer people say they have never managed to do it. 

Saturday, December 28, 2013 9:11 PM
  • What version of Office did you purchase?

Why buy a Spanish one when you wanted English?

Did you try the number that Alexander was given?  - 01 800 123 3353

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:07 PM