Major Whs problem RRS feed

• Question

• I changed motherboard yesterday and it doesn't boot after bios.

Blank screen.

After that, I again swapped to another motherboard working that I currently ran my htpc, again the same problem. The boot hard drive is recognised when attached to my main pc, but not with the other drives attached.

You can actuallu enter the Whs OS, WHEN USING THAT SINGLE BOOT DRIVE.

i HAVE THE SUSPICION OF a psu problem not being able any more of powering so many drives 12 in total. I really don't know.

Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:09 AM

All replies

• Could it also be one of the pool's hard drives or even their sata cables failing?
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:30 AM
  • What happens when you recoonect everything to the old motherboard? Also, have you checked each of your drives for errors?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 1:49 PM
  • I guess problem solved. Some of the sata data cables were faulty and caused the server not to boot. Actually, these were mini sas to 4sata breakout cables which I bought last year and 3 of them don't bother to work.

Could you please,  suggest reliable cables like these  http://www.uxcell.com/mini-sas-sata-serial-ata-pin-data-cable-cord-p-28636.html that I can buy and not run into future problems?

Friday, November 12, 2010 7:39 AM
  • Now I am running into software problems, cause although I can open up the console normally, I can not access my shared folders, it asks for a password (I had my main pc connect to the server automatically).

Anyway, I provide it with the password but to no avail.

I can though connect with remote desktop with the server's password, but when it comes to the user password it doesn't accept it. What can I do?

Should I reinstall the connector software?

Friday, November 12, 2010 12:26 PM
  • Check system time, date, and time zone on both your server and your client computer.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, November 12, 2010 1:30 PM
  • I did that, and then I was able to reinstall the connector while accessing the server with its password. Then, I shut down my pc, left for the office, just came back, switched it on (btw, server was on all tghe time), and now while i'm able to access the console, I am not allowed to access my shared folders. It again requires password, and it does the same.
    Friday, November 12, 2010 7:15 PM